Chapter 11: Handsome Jerk

🌸 AUTHOR'S POV 🌸

🌸 AUTHOR'S POV 🌸

"Like I will eat you?" As soon as those words skipped his mouth, y/n felt her heart dropped deep inside her stomach, she felt the area empty where the heart should be present. She gulped the bile down and her fingers tightened around the Hem of her skirt. The handsome strange infront of her is a jerk. She confirmed.

She glared directly, without thinking about the fact that how rude it is, when the person sitting in front of her was a complete jerk then why she should show respect.

"Excuse me!" She said as her voice raised a bit, which made the boy sitting in front of her raise his brows, almost mocking her. She felt her blood boiling at that moment. She wanted to smack his face.

"I completed your sentence, you were talking time. " He said, straightly without even trying to explain himself. Y/n looked at him for a while before taking a deep breath and clutching her handbag, she tried to stand up but suddenly her eyes shifted outside and she felt helpless. Exhaling, she sat down calmly and looked at him, who was almost smirking at her hopeless attempts.

She took a deep breath, she can't cooperate with him like that, she knows that he was still thinking about that night when his bike crashed, because of her? She will never accept.
But yes his bike crashed and they had a very friendly conversation.

Right now there was no escape for her, because the rain was pouring hardly, and the cold wind was making the atmosphere more tough. She bit her lower lip and tucked her hair strand behind her ear. Her eyes again found the way back to his. As she found herself hesitating a bit. But she can't just sit there like that avoid his not so avoidable glances.

"Umm, so hi. Let's start from the start, I know our first meeting wasn't so expected and good, but still we can try...I am y/n" She asked almost tripping over her words, she knows that, she didn't even apologize to him, but it wasn't her fault, at least not alone, it was his fault also. But now she can't say that.

She awkwardly stretched her hand towards him, which he glanced at and again his eyes found hers. Was she looking like a stupid? She thought. And when the answer came she slowly brought her hand back and looked at him like he just murdered her.

"Why can't you just act normal? Look we can be Besties if you want. I mean why not? " And awkward laugh escaped her mouth as she found herself making a complete fool of her.
He looked at her for a second before a cocky smile made its way on his lips. His brows slightly raised upward almost in a flirting manner.

"You are asking me to be normal, when in the first place you were the reason my bike crashed? " His deep voice eroched in her ears as she shook her head, she signed for the thousands time and try to keep it cool, even though she was boiling inside.

"Me and you, both know that I wasn't the only reason behind the crash, stop blaming me alone, you probably forgot that it was government's road not your private." She finally let it out which she was holding for a long time. She was trying to behave but he wasn't willing, so no problem. She won't behave either.

A hoarse chuckle escaped his throat which made her heart rate fast, he threw his head back with slightly audible laugh, his adam apple bobbed up and down and the veins slightly pooped up, from his jawline and disappearing at the end of his muscular neck, she felt her throat dried up, when he placed his hands on the table, and stared at her with a cocky smile over his lips.

" It is the best information that I got from the day I was born. I didn't know that roads are owned by government. "

"Are you making fun of me?"

"Yes, because you were the one walking with you eyes closed."

He said, to which she didn't reply and sat there silently, she started outside and saw the rain almost stopped, she forget about rain while arguing with him. She signed and looked at her phone which showed that it's past 10:30 P.M.

She and Maria came here at 7 and from then she is stuck with him. She clutched her handbag and stood up from the seat causing the man in front of her to raise his gaze up.

"Bye. It was nice meeting you." She said, sarcasm dripping her voice, to which he smirked. She moved towards the door and went out, the sudden gush of fresh air hit her and she felt alive, the smell of rain still lingered in the atmosphere, the tiny dropplets of water on the surface of leaves felt so refreshing to her. She smiled and started walking. It's pretty late. She might has to wait for the bus, because she is not comfortable taking cab, it might not be a big deal for others but she easily got uncomfortable, she doesn't fit in surrounding that she doesn't welcome.

Slowly walking down the street, she stopped at a bus stop, there were not much people present probably because everyone want to stay at home and enjoy rain. The neon purple and green lighting was making the surrounding visible to her. She travelled her gaze and examined her surrounding, some men were standing far in front of a ice-creame truck, suddenly she felt fear creeping in her body. She is not familiar with late night surrounding, because she never experienced. It's still hard for her to get comfortable in it.

Uneasy thoughts started roaming her mind, and her heart almost thundered in her chest when one of the man looked at her and then said something to other that cause them to turn their heads towards her, who was standing alone at a bus stop, waiting for bus with not much people around.

Sudden fear made her knees tremble. You will understand if you are a girl.

She gulped the bile and pretended that she didn't see them, but inside she was trembling with fear, her hand which was inside her purse clutching her phone tightly, so she can react fast.

Her eyes slowing getting watery as she, saw one of them saying something and than smirking afterwards. Her fingers tightened their grip, around her handbag and she gulped terribly. She blinked her eyes to stop her tears.

She isn't crybaby. She is scared.

As soon as she saw one of them taking his steps towards her she tightly shut her palms, and stepped back.

But she flinched terribly, when she heard a loud roaring sound behind her, she with the speed of light turned around and her eyes widened as she looked at the handsome jerk, his helmet, was opened at front. A dark blue bike made a loud roar as he raced it, she looked at him like she saw a ghost.

But soon she found releaf washed over her, when she found him stopping in front of her before looking at her. She looked at him as she found herself safe. Well it's not like she knows him for long time but she isn't getting any negative vibes from him. She blinked her lashes and was about to ask him but soon closed her mouth as he spoke.

"It's not safe at this time, let me drop you." His voice calmed all the demons running inside her head.

_______________________________________

Ok I don't know if at 10:30 PM the roads of Korea are empty or not but, please consider it, it is a fictional story so hope you won't mind.❤️