༓☾ 𝐀 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐝 ☽༓

༓☾ Previously ☽༓

‚Was it wiped clean?' Hongjoong walked up next to him.

‚No.. I don't think so.. its not empty. There are probably some files left, but most of them are locked. You see.. they have different user profiles registered and I can't access any of them. The only one I could enter is basically empty, with no rights whatsoever. Everything else must be kept on the other profiles.'

‚What are the profiles called?'

Minho went back to where he could select a profile. They didn't have any special names. It was profile one two and guest. So it wasn't helping them in any way.

‚There was one thing I found though.' Minho said selecting the guest profile again. ‚One of the data storages is called MOTEM. It seems to be an abbreviation for something. But of course it's locked too.'

‚How?'

‚Biometric.'

༓☾༓

‚Well that's making up for the easy door code for sure...' Hanbin said and he had a point. Getting inside the base had been unusually easy, but finding out anything about it seemed now nearly impossible. If it was locked through a biometric code of any kind, voice, fingerprint, face or iris scan, whatever really, for all of these options they would need a member of the old crew to get through it, or at least someone whose biological data would be accepted by the system. They didn't know if the people of the old crew were dead or not, but they definitely weren't inside the base any longer. And no matter how far they've already come in science and technology, they still couldn't get a ghost to open those files.

‚Seungjun, can you get inside?' Hongjoong asked through the communication channel. The other end stayed quiet for some time, before the quiet voice of Seungjun answered their captain.

【 Maybe, though.. the chances are low. It will take quite some time. This is not writing a programme to try out various combinations of numbers. The security systems seem advanced. But I will do my best captain.

‚How much time do you think it needs, buddy?' Hanbin followed up.

【 Could be days.. weeks.. I can't say anything for sure, because I don't know yet with what level of difficulty I'm actually dealing with. 】

The captain sighed, turning and leaning back against the table. ‚Finding out what happened here... it's not our priority for now or ever.. so do what you can, but don't focus too much on it. Our priority is to get the communication systems back up again and until then, survive, get acquainted with our surroundings and-‚

【 I'm sorry captain. 】 Jihyo interrupted him. 【 But do you think it's possible that Blue Eyes might have access to it? Maybe it belonged to the crew? 】 The scientist suggested. Blue Eyes seemed to be the only living relic of the old crew that still lived inside the base. But the way it looked now, they were still far away from Blue Eyes helping them in any way. It wasn't sure yet if it could trust them or not, and up to now, it didn't even want to communicate with them. In Minho's opinion they were better off if they left it alone for a first.