-3-

"Show me love, I give you love

"Show me love, I give you love. Fell in love, I fell in love!"
- Fell In Luv by Playboi Carti

The process of creating a song is truly a work of art.

Before the artist lays down the vocals, the beat must go through its own process of creation... and that in itself is a hassle.

For example, Y/N's predicament at this very moment.

He sat at the edge of his bed with his keyboard and free ZaunLoops Studio membership, creating a beat. He was on a budget, but he was making it work.

Money had always been a struggle in his life. Whenever he got his hands on enough to live semi-comfortably, it ended up down the drain, either due to other's splurging, or his own negligence.

The reoccurring problem spurred him to always strive for perfection. No matter how good it was, he'll always think it could be better. It was a blessing and a curse.

Sitting for hours just mixing every single song himself to ensure the level of each snare and sample is exactly right.

Only for about a hundred listeners...

But honestly, as long as someone was listening, he was happy. He believed that his hard work would be recognized by a broader audience one day...

Some day...

His foot was continuously tapping the beat as he was listening to a new track of his. Well, it was still a work in progress. Y/N couldn't quite pinpoint what it was, but something crucial was still missing.

It was a song that featured a sample of "One Step Ahead" by Aretha Franklin, in which a loop built around it serves as the instrumental. Then the beat would switch to a woozy, bass-bombed wobble that artfully weaves in elements from the song's first half.

During the second half of the song, Y/N would spit another verse, which will have a darker approach and has been described as "cut-throat".

But first he had to get through the producing process...

As he mulled over the track, a buzz in his pocket drew his attention away from the soundboard.

Turned out he wasn't the only one awake right now.

╔════╗
-CHAPTER 3-
•1AM Talks•
╚════╝