CHAPTER 6 | TEAM X

Y/n's pov:

"Rock, paper, scissors shoot!" Gagamaru, Isagi, Bachira, and Raichi all put their hands out. Everyone besides Isagi put scissors while he put rock so naturally he won.

"Oh. I won....!" Isagi said clearly not expecting that.

They had decided the only fair way to decide who gets to be what position is a game of rock, paper, scissors. I decided not to play because I knew they all wanted to be forwards, and Ego told us to start from scratch, since I've only ever played as a forward that's where my skill set is strongest so I should work on building up my other skills.

"Then just like we agreed earlier, Isagi can pick the position he wants, and the rest of us will follow by rank." Kuon said.

"Then I'll... be the forward!" As expected.

"The first selection will be a round-robin involving all five teams inside this stratum. Only the top two highest-positioned teams at the end of all 10 matches will qualify. And the worst three will be eliminated. Meaning the members of those teams will be immediately from Blue Lock. And they will lose the right to play for Japan's National Team." Ego told us.

"For those three teams, there is a way to avoid elimination. That is, to be the player who has scored the most goals for their team by the selections end. This is a system with a purpose.... Of saving the best scorer from each eliminated team."

"Players within a team will be ranked according to their number of goals scored. But 'fair play' will be accounted for in the system. Those with fewer penalties will have grater chances of winning,

'Should players tie in points, the highest-ranked player will win'

"Wether by pursuing 'their own goals', or 'the teams victory'.... The fate of every striker will be decided by the first selection we are holding! This fight will have you all play football from scratch to work on your foundations. The first game will be held two hours from now... between team X.... And team Z!"

~Team Z locker room~

Luckily I had my uniform on already so I just put my jersey on and looked away while everyone changed. We decided to review our position going over who is what, "Alright team! This is our first game lineup we made with Rock Paper Scissors! While team X may have higher rankings than ours, from 243 to 253... We don't have time to figure out any elaborate strategies. So let's believe in Isagi as our CF, y/n as our secondary, and win!" Kuon spoke his words of encouragement. I know I said try soccer from 0 and all but I still ended up as a forward, oh well.

"Al~right~" Bachira sang.

"You kidding' me? Can we even win with our center forward as low as Isagi is?" Igaguri huffed.

I didn't really appreciate his comment towards Isagi, "Igaguri you are LITERALLY the last person who should talk about rank. Besides Isagi wouldn't be here if he wasn't capable plus you can't go against the holy decider of Rock, paper, scissors." I shrugged tying my cleats.

"Yeah quit whining Igaguri, we decided it this way cause no one wanted to give up being forwards right?" Well actually....

"I don't really wanna play as defense, Nah~" Naruhaya complained.

"We just gotta win, right? We win, all good." Raichi said, actually quite optimistically.

"Fine by me." Gagamaru agreed

Everyone either agreed with Raichi or continued to talk about their position.

"It's about time now." Kuon said

"Let's go!"

This is it. This is where it begins, we survive this I will claw my way to the top. As walked out onto the field Ego began explaining how everything would work, "To assist us with determining fouls, a VAR system will be used for this game,"