𝒊𝒊. 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏

*ೃ carefully curated ˚◞♡

*ೃ༄ carefully curated ˚◞♡ ⃗

SAGE STERLING

WHY ARE YOU SO OBSESSED WITH ME?

WHY ARE YOU SO
OBSESSED WITH ME?

"𝐒𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 to the brunch on Sunday?" I asked Emery. "And don't forget to come with your parents."

She nodded her head enthusiastically. "We'll be there. Thank you for the invite by the way. You guys are so sweet."

I suppressed my lingering need to laugh at her statement and instead tried to refocus on the task at hand.

The hot sand radiated through our beach blanket onto my back as I enjoyed the rays of sun shining on my bare legs.

We'd decided today was the perfect day to tan, not that I needed it much I was literally a light-skin, but I just loved the feel of it.

"So why'd you guys move here?" Sarah asked Emery, not moving a muscle as she lay on her stomach.

"We opened a new Hotel in Chapel Hill and my parents wanted a change of scenery, so it kind of just fit."

Hazel sat up straight and pushed her sunglasses into her hair. "Interesting. So like aren't you upset you had to leave your old school and friends for senior year?"

"Not really, I don't think my friends and I were that close, to be honest," Emery nervously laughed. "What about you guys? Are you all local?"

"Sadly," Hazel responded as she applied another layer of sunscreen. "But it's actually not that bad here. The parties are amazing and in the summer all the tourists come over and some of them are, wow."

Emery didn't answer and for a second only the surroundings were audible. The laughs of children and the soft sound of waves crashing into the sand, as well as the seagulls cawing. I took a deep breath of the salty air and shut my eyes.