𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒆

*ೃ carefully curated ˚◞♡

*ೃ༄ carefully curated ˚◞♡ ⃗

SAGE STERLING

WHY ARE YOU SO OBSESSED WITH ME?

WHY ARE YOU SO
OBSESSED WITH ME?

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐂 of the sink felt nice against my hands as I looked at myself through the mirror of Sarah's private bathroom.

From a distance I heard the faint sound of laughter and chatter, signaling that the pregame was still going strong. My vision was a blur and the loud buzzing of my phone against the sink echoed through the room.

I took a deep breath, feeling my lungs fill with air and then slowly exhaled; all the air streaming out as I tried to sober myself up.

For a split second the room filled with silence and I had to take it all in.

Alcohol was always like this. The predictability being jarring and necessary all at once, as I could take the precautions accordingly. I took a last breath, before checking every millimeter of my outfit, posing and faking scenarios to see how others would perceive me.

As soon as I opened the door, I grabbed the half full vodka bottle on the vanity, my pack of cigarettes and red lighter and made my way outside to the others.

Sarah was snuggled up with Topper, Hazel was chatting with Kyle, Emery and Kelce, while Rafe and Chris smoked their cigarettes.

"There she finally is," Christopher's husky voice was audible through the entire garden, overpowering the music playing faintly over the speakers.

I smiled at Chris and made my way toward him. Without any hesitation, he pulled me onto his lap. "I went to Barry's today. Got some mandy," he whispered in my ear, his lips grazing my skin.

"You guys are disgustingly cute," Sarah smiled, passing the blunt to her boyfriend, unaware of mine and Chris's plans. "I'm obsessed."

My gaze met Chris's. He smirked, pulling me closer to his chest and placing a kiss on my cheek. It was borderline concerning how oblivious everyone in the Outer Banks was to our relationship, nevertheless, it was exactly our goal.