01|| The Offering

CHAPTER 1

We had been on our Ikran for days. Flying through storms, rain, harsh winds, anything to make it more difficult to find a safe haven. Mum had been awfully silent, especially towards Dad, she was still furious she was forced to leave the Omaticaya people. Especially as I had started my Tsahìk training with grandmother.

We rode in a configuration, Mum and Dad at the front, leading the way while I tailed behind, making sure my little brothers didn't do something stupid. I sighed, tiredly rocking my head back and staring at the sky, I rubbed my eyes and quickly focused in front of me, not letting my guard down. Village people stared as we rode above them, endless sea followed my gaze as I observed my surroundings. It was important to keep your eyes sharp, even when exhausted.

The villagers rode a mount of sorts, they looked quick and agile, weaving through obstacles. To my left homes were built around water and on sand. We circled, looking for a place to land our Ikran, we dove as soon as we found the opening. Na'vi drew their spears at us as we slid off of our companions.

I stayed behind, taking my time to walk up to stand with my siblings. I busied myself with my saddle as Mum took out grandfathers bow. Dad quickly ushered her to put it back, we where asking for a place to seek refuge, not war. I pet Haikili, she had travelled far, and with such great precision. Her orange skin contrasted the blue of mine as she nuzzled into my palm. I gave her a fleeting look as I left to stand next to Neteyam. He was tapping his fingers lightly along his thigh, a small nervous tick he had done since he was small. I ran a finger against his wrist, making him look at me. I gave him a soft smile as he calmed.

I had tuned out the conversation of my parents and the leaders of the clan. My nose scrunched in disgust as I saw two boys picking on Lo'ak.

"Is this supposed to be a tail!?" They joked to one another. One of the males was tall and broad, with braids set back into a bun. A tooth strung from his neck as well as a braided band that was placed on his bicep. His friend on the other hand, had a simple shell on his necklace. I rolled my eyes and finally began to listen to my parents.

"My husband is Toruk Makto" Mum said. Dad grimaced at the name, he had disappeared as 'Toruk Makto' for twelve years and was yet to return. I turned my head back to my mother.

"It seems Eywa had turned her back on you." The Tsahìk sneered.

"These children are not even pure na'vi!" She yelled showing Lo'ak and Kiri's hands to the tribe. They bowed their heads in shame as they retaliated quietly.

"They have demon blood!"

Dad tried to intervene but it only ended in Mum pushing him aside.

The two women both angrily hissed at each other as the Olo'ekytan gave my father a clueless glance.

"We only except you're proposal, if you offer us a future Tsahìk!" The woman sneered. Mum sent a scared glance towards my father, who sent one at me. I already knew that they had decided before they turned my way.

"May I speak with my family?" Dad asked. The Olo'ekytan nodded as we gathered together. Mother gave me a terrified look before looking at my father.

"Ma Jake..." she nearly sobbed.

"We have no where else to go Neytiri" He sighed placing a hand on his face.

It had always been like this, taking the blame and having to sacrifice for my family. It was my duty. I knew I had to accept. Father was frustrated, trying to find a place for his children and mate. I had to put myself in his situation. I placed my hand onto his shoulder. He looked up at my touch.