15|| Surprises

CHAPTER 15

As the weeks progressed I had started to tire easily. I had to take small naps to carry on through the day, but I didn't mind. 

I had woken up once again from a nap as Aonung leant against the frame of our home, staring at me with softened eyes.

"You need to visit my mother, this is not normal" He sighed, walking forward and holding my arms, pulling me up into a standing position. He had been worried as soon as it had started happening, fretting about the smallest of things. 

"I'm just tired Aonung, it's not like I'm dying" I chuckle trying to lighten his mood. It doesn't work as his face stays scrunched in discontent. We continue to stare at one another, neither one of wanting to give up, I soon averted my gaze from his, not wanting to see him mad.

"Fine! I'll visit your mother" I exclaim, his hard stare breaking through me. I roll my eyes and walk past him, making my way down to Ronal. I kick some sand frustratedly as Aonung got his way over mine, still slightly aggravated that I hadn't stood my ground strong enough. 

The walk to the marui's where longer now that we where sectioned away. It was calming, knowing that I could have a peace-filled brisk walk before entering the hectic nature of the entire clan.  

I smiled at the clan members as I walked past, making short conversation with some before quickly leaving to find the Tsahìk.

Ronal was sat in her tent, crushing herbs to form into medicinal pastes as I entered. Her head shot up at my footsteps, her eyes locking onto mine. Realising it was me she beckoned me to sit down in front of her.

"Ma A'nityra, is everything alright?" She asked, concern filling her features. I was nearing the end of the grace period as it was extended a few more weeks, but I had no need to visit her for training.

"It' nothing to worry about, Aonung's just being overdramatic. I'm just really tired and sleep a lot." I shrug, helping her with the pastes. Her arms freeze for a moment as she presses a hand onto my hard stomach. She flinches away quickly and shoves a salve into my mouth, spreading another onto my arm. 

Sweetness fills my mouth as I continue to digest the solution. It was surprisingly flavourful. I peered down at Ronal as she watched the salve slowly turn from green to orange. She gasps, as she looks up at me. 

"Sweet or sour?" She asks.

"Sweet" I respond almost instantly. She intakes a sharp breath of air once again holding her hands to her mouth. 

"Am I actually dying?!" I ask. Over thinking the joke I made not too long ago. Ronal tuts as she places her hands over mine. She places our overlapping hands on my stomach. 

"Ma A'nityra you are with child" She says. My mind goes blank and I freeze. Ronal is smiling, presumably at the prospect of her first grandchild. I quickly stumble as I stand. 

"This is good news" She softly smiles up at me, trying to ground my distant expression.

"I'm just going to...head out. Please don't tell anyone" I mumble before I scram. I know Aonung and I both wanted children...but it was too soon. We where seventeen, not even considered adults if we where humans.

The only thing I was sure about was I wanted Neteyam to know first. He had stuck with me through thick and thin, and I was sure he wouldn't blabber on to the others. 

I began my search for my little brother. I was desperate to tell someone now that I knew, keeping secrets was never my forte. I saw him in the near distance, with a Metkayina girl, I laughed at myself as his attempts of flattery didn't seem to be working. The girl splashed water into his face playfully as they teased one another in the water.