17|| The Beginning Of The End

CHAPTER 17

A'nityra POV:

I woke up to the sound of a groan. Heavy weight fell upon my legs and arms as I couldn't sit up. I looked down and saw the very obvious presence of my siblings. I rested upon a solid chest as Aonung sat behind me, sitting up with his back against a wall. It was no use trying to wake him, he slept like the dead. 

Neteyam groaned once again as he tried to shift comfortably along my leg, his hand had  brushed up against my side and I couldn't help but hiss loudly at the contact, moving away from him as much as I could when I was pinned down. 

Tuk was curled on my chest and groggily lifted her head. She murmured my name cutely before dropping her head into my neck, snuggling in as deep as she could. 

I tried to nudge Kiri awake, moving my hand lightly to tap her on her elbow. I began to get more frustrated as the minutes flew by. None of them seemed to be waking up any time soon and I knew I wouldn't fall back asleep.

I managed to slowly dismantle Neteyam's grip from my arm as I continued to do the only thing possible that would make sure I wouldn't be alone for the next hour.

Aonung's braid rested next to mine as I slowly connected the ends. The nerves weaved between one another, illuminating a pink glow as they where once again covered by our hair. 

Aonung's eyes snapped open, his pupil's widening at the intense feeling of one another. I went to quickly separate our braids but he nudged my hand away. I felt his chest rise and fall rapidly beneath me, his trembling arms beginning to steady.

"It's been a long time since we've done that" He sighs, leaning down to nuzzle into my hair.

"I needed you to be awake, because they don't look like they will be anytime soon" I whisper. He nods understandingly as I feel him slowly slip from behind me. Our braids are separated as I make a confused noise. I watch Aonung gently pick up Neteyam, he places the boy across from us, definitely out of arms reach.

I chuckle quietly as Lo'ak hits my mate in the head once being picked up, Aonung makes a displeased face, rolling his eyes as he set's the boy down next to his older brother. 

Kiri is next, she just flops into his arms, happily being transferred compared to Lo'ak. Tuk is next, she grips onto my skin as her body refuses to let go of me, I raise a hand and softly stroke her skin as her hands loosen around me, she is soon taken off me and put into the new pile as Aonung helps me stand.

I'm slightly dizzy, wobbling slightly as he helps me steady.

"What is this for?" I whisper to him. 

"This is so we can talk" He says. Fear strikes me through the heart, I knew it couldn't be that bad, but the anticipation of his words left me anxious. He guided me into the water from the back of our home, swimming us out slightly so that we where out of earshot. Before I could ask him what he meant, his arm wrapped around my hips, resting his hand flat on my stomach as he wrapped my legs around the middle of his torso. My hands naturally rested on the sides of his face as leaned forward and stole a breathtaking kiss. The other palm of his hand rested on the back of my neck, pulling me impossibly closer. 

My shoulder had gone into a fit of tingles, numb to any kind of pain as he made sure not an inch of water could travel between us. I felt my lungs burn with the need of oxygen but I couldn't find the strength to pull away. 

Luckily Aonung noticed my struggle in keeping up as he departed his lips from mine. We rested our foreheads against one another, both of us breathing heavily.  

"I don't want you going beyond the reef unless you're with me." He says, turning serious. I understood his reasoning but I couldn't fight the urge to rebuttal back.