07|| Bonfire

CHAPTER 7

I swiftly place the baby back in her mothers arms as I internally panic. I try to remain calm and collected as I make up an excuse to leave. I gather my supplies and wave them goodbye, ushering out of their marui. 

It was late afternoon anyway and this time was supposed to be used to get closer to Aonung.

Aonung...

I shook my head to stop thinking about him, especially in the sense that he was to be my future child's father. The thought disappeared as soon as I saw my father approaching, seemingly angrier than before. 

Fear spiked in me as I ran to the ocean, quickly jumping on the nearest Ilu, speeding off, anywhere that was away from him. I heard him grumble and turn away as relief flooded through my veins. 

Whether they would like to admit it or not, they where negligent of me. They always had been, I helped raise my siblings as they hunted human forces, or went on date nights. It only took until now to realise how bad it had actually been. They didn't even notice that their daughter had been missing for a full night. 

I rested my forehead along the head of the ilu's as I let out a deep sigh. He clicked warily in response as I stroked the side of his neck.

"I'm okay boy, I'm just a bit sad, nothing you couldn't fix!" I fake enthusiasm to the creature. He lets out more clicks, sounding slightly different than before. He could feel my hesitation through the bond.

"Who am I kidding, my fathers an asshole and some of my siblings refuse to look at me" I sigh hugging the Ilu's neck to my body. He makes higher pitched noises, trying to cheer me up as I press my cheek against his smooth skin.

"Thanks for trying squirt" I smile sadly. Giving him some reassuring pats. He rolled around trying to cheer me up as I flew off, like the first time I tried to ride him.

He got a genuine laugh out of me as I swam to the surface and connected our foreheads. 

"You're my best bud squirt" I chuckle as he nuzzles into my neck.

"What about me!" I hear a familiar voice from behind me as I quickly turn. 

Aonung.

I rest a head against my Ilu's as I look up at his smug face that's feinting offence. 

"Hi Aonung" I say dragging out his name. He coyly smirks as he reaches a hand down to me. I connect our palms as he lifts me to sit on his Ilu, we sat chest to chest as I hid my face in the crook of his neck.

"Rough day?" He asks. My eyes watered and my throat closes up, thinking of today. I want nothing more than to cry it all out, but Aonung probably didn't want to witness that

"Yeah...really rough" I sighed, quietly sniffling.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, sincerity in his voice as he tried to pry me away from hiding in his shoulder.

"Just let me stay hidden. Please." I grovelled into him. 

"Okay, just tell me why your feeling this way" He soothed, gliding us behind a huge sea rock further in the reef so he had me all to himself. 

"I feel like a stranger in my own home" I hiccup, trying to stop my body from wracking in sobs.

"My own father hurt me..." I cried, rubbing my bruised bicep where he had gripped a little too tightly. 

"Hey, hey, It'll be okay. Why don't we talk about something good about today. My mother won't stop bragging about how amazing you did with something, so are you going to tell me exactly what you did?" He said, rubbing my lower back comfortingly.