❝𝐒 𝐄 𝐕 𝐄 𝐍❞│𝐃𝐞𝐧𝐲. 𝐈𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐞. 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞.

Splash

Splash.

Another splash, another splash.

My jaw is incredibly tight, I fear I'm damaging my joints at this point. The cold water that I've been slapping on my face for a few good minutes, is currently doing an impeccable job at doing absofuckinglutely nothing. 

Holy shit.

The reflection of myself in the mirror momentarily catches me off guard that I flinch, I can't help but let a few curse words slip out of my mouth as I become aware of the mascara smudged all over my under eyes, I decide to reach for my makeup bag and fix the hideousness of the current state of my face, reminding myself that I needed to buy a waterproof version of the one I'm currently using.

Taylor and Maya have tried to reach me countless times this week, yet I didn't reply to any of their calls or texts. Us, the trio, had our shopping, dinner and clubbing nights, but I neglected all of them.

I had quite important things to do.

Bruising my persona and doing absences for a whole week was not my thing, nor did I ever intend to do so before. Being the perfect college student, with inventive and ingenious presentations, my fascinating drawing skills and designs, with my perfect attendance, simply being impeccable with my work was my thing.

Realizing the harsh wipes of the cotton pad I'm using is starting to irritate my under eyes, I stop cleansing and grab my concealer, fixing up my makeup overall.

The sunlight coming through the ajar door of the art room burns my eyes as I slightly push my way through it and make my way inside. 

This room grew me as a person, as a soul. This place was and still is my escape. My sorrowful moments, harrowing days and encounters, were all treated here. Art was my escape, creating was my treatment. I was infatuated with the way my hand was moving instinctively on the canvas, my mind having control on its own, creating a new world and showing me what I was not aware of. A reflection of my subconscious to real life, making it feel like I'm closer to my dreams then I already was. It was my detachment from the real world, which I was gladly accepting.

As I make my way inside, getting rid of the swirling thoughts, I inspect the room only for my gaze to pause at, well, Isabel. 

She isn't aware of my presence, her back turned to me. I take in her long hair trailing down her back, I tilt my head in an attempt to inspect her, going lower and lower, yet when I realize what I'm doing, I harshly force my head to the side, letting out a helpless yelp at the crack of my neck.

That catches Isabel's attention since she turns and glares at me. Still holding my neck because that shit hurt like a fucker, I momentarily squint in confusion but when my gaze trails lower I recognize the papers on her hands.