❝𝐄 𝐈 𝐆 𝐇 𝐓❞ │𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠?

Human nature craved validation

The logic behind craving validation was simple really, people that craved it were unsure of themselves as a being, in a way it was a self-esteem issue. Whether if it was from a family member, a friend, a lover, or even a stranger walking past you on the street, you needed acknowledgment, any form of approval from them.

The slight arch of the back of the woman while walking past her prey, displaying her youth and the tantalizing details her body has to offer, luring the other person insidiously. The swift lick on the strawberry-flavored lollipop, feigning pure innocence while keeping the irresistible eye contact, yet the aim is nothing but innocent. 

Long story short, the art of seduction.

It all linked to validation, if the process of seduction was successful, it gave off the feeling of being validated. 

A case in which you crave and become possessive over who gives you validation, is desire. Desiring that person to praise you, and only you. Desire is both imitative and competitive, however, when it's competitive, it's quite dangerous.

Kimberly Leighton wanted it all. The validation, the approving looks, the praises, her prey. 

She got it all, too.

Roman had been the guy I'd been flirting with throughout the first year of college. It was known by the whole school that we had something going on, yet it was nothing official. Making it official was not our intention either, we both just wanted a fling.

Not even months, after weeks of flirting and being seen together in public, Kimberly has started her attempts of seducing Roman. I won't stand here and say that didn't make sense, Roman was fairly attractive, possibly the most attractive and also heterosexual man that was studying here. 

Roman was just a fling, someone I enjoyed spending time with, yet him starting to date Kimberly didn't lead me to feel betrayed, or bad of any sort. 

He wasn't confusing, Kimberly was. Whenever they were next to each other and in the same environment as me, Kimberly would be immensely clingy with Roman, and she would purposefully make me watch. 

The moments are still engraved inside the depths of my brain, of how she would challenge me to hold eye contact with her with that expression she does when she wants to provoke me, and make out with Roman at the same time. I sincerely don't know what her motivation was, I'm not curious either. 

The hilarious thing is, she probably thinks I have a crush on Roman, she thinks she won by 'stealing' him from me, I bet the bells of victory rang inside her head the moment they started dating.

Every time Roman would slide his arm and wrap it around Kimberly's waist, or when he would drag her so she was seating on his lap, when they were kissing at the cafeteria in front of everyone like there is no tomorrow, something would always crack inside of me.