Chapter seven

After a day of hard work labor in the cold on the holiday he hates the most.

He was exhausted, "ugh" he sat on a table between the ice rink and a coffee shop.

His friend murry was being him some coffee to help him with his energy with another job he has to work on.

Nick never worked that hard in his entire life.

"Ugh I never work this hard before, this community service is killing me mur"

But murry just smiles and chuckles, "well it's only just for a month you'll can fight through it"

"I don't think I can handle another day"

"Aw come on Nicky, I think this would be good for you, it could even help you get your Christmas spirit, have some spirts, you might like it"

Nick looks up at him annoyed, "I'm sorry who are you...BECAUSE YOU'ER SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND NOT TURN AGAINST ME" he growled.

Murry then holds his hands up in defense while still smiling.

"it might help tame that anger issue of yours"

Nick huffed and stirs his coffee, "I'm just saying, this is good for you, maybe it can teach you to love again"

Murry gets up to leave back to work, "maybe I should volunteer too, get my Christmas spirit too"

But Nick couldn't hear him, he was staring at holly who was helping the kids skate.

Then later that day, nick has about to change.

Nick was helping holly with the youth hockey: the wolves.

But they were losing, holly gave each kid a water bottle and tries to cheer them up.

"Ok guys we can't give up, we're just a few shots away from victory, we got to try hard for the Christmas season, I believe we can win if we work together"

But her speech wasn't getting to them, she gives up and sits next to one of the kids.

Nicholas saw how everyone was giving up, it made him angry.

"Wow" everyone looks up at Nicholas as he gets in the center of the room, grabbing her attention.

"I'm ashamed of this team, you're all giving up Just because we're down to a low score"

Holly was getting annoyed with his criticism, and he's back to his old trick.

"Nicholas please now is not a good time"

But Nicholas holds his hand out to holly, "please I know what I am doing, now growing up, I believe giving up is not a option, just remember you're parents are here to watch you play, they come to all your games, you can't just give up, do it for them, they would want you to win, so do it for them, cause I know someday when you all have kids of your own, they would want to hear how their parents won the greatest hockey game in history"

Holly saw how Nicholas was moving the kids, how they were gaining confidence.

"We can't do it, if we put belief in each other"

Then everyone cheered, "now all we need is a new tactic"

"Like what?" One kid asked.

"Like say? Shoot farther from the net, then try going from behind the net rebounding off number 7 helmet, number 6 you pass it to number eight while the rest of you distract the other players"

All the kids nodded in agreement, "alright...let's do this"

When the kids went back to the game, for the first time ever, Nicholas did something nice.

Finally he's helping out with the community, the team won.

Nicholas joined the kids, he cheered with them as they thanked him.

"Yeah we did this, I told you we could do this, good job guys"

Holly smiled when she saw how Nicholas was smiling for the first time.

Finally, he's smiling for once, maybe I could tame him...