Chapter Four: A shield or loaded gun?

Must have 10 comments and 20 votes for another chapter.

                    Clarke groans as she sits up in a medical bed topless with EKG electrodes sticking to her chest. She pulled them off and cracked her neck, "Why are the hot ones always bad," Clarke grumbled. Dr. Helen Cho rushes into the room with a worried look on her face until she sees Blaze is perfectly fine.

                    She sighs, "Must you do that?" Dr. Cho asked in annoyance as she turned the EKG off.

                    "Sorry to scare you, Doc. How is Barton? Is he still kicking?" Clarke asked while grabbing her black and red skin-tight tank top laid out on a chair by the bed.

                    "He's going to be fine with my machine. There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacrum. If Tony had brought him to my lab, the regeneration Cradle could have done it in twenty minutes," Dr. Cho explained proudly.

                    "I'm sure the older man had a joke about being made of plastic," Clarke said as she stood and stretched.

                    Dr. Cho smiled, "He did though I'm positive his own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference," she explained. Tony walks in and smiles when he sees Blaze.

                   "Oh good, you're up. I expect to see you at the party on Saturday," he explained.

                    "Oh goody," Clarke said sarcastically.

                    Several nights later, Clarke walks out of the elevator leading to the living room of the Avengers building. She had on a loose black Gelso shirt with two of the buttons undone showing off her dog tags and dark gray high-waisted double-pleated wide-leg pants with brown wingtip Oxford dress shoes. The living room was full of people that she didn't even know. Clarke walks towards the bar manned by Natasha. Blaze's ears pick up a few conversations, "Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, Boom! You looking for this?" Rhodes said, but Stark and Thor just looked at him blankly. "Boom! Are you looking...Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills," he explained in annoyance. Clarke shakes her head as she reaches the bar.

                    "Hello gorgeous, work here long?" she asked in a flirtatious tone making Natasha roll her eyes with a smile.

                    "What's your poison?" she asked.

                    "A godfather, please," Clarke said. It only takes Natasha a few seconds to mix a whiskey cocktail and then pour it into a tall glass.

                    "Not big on parties?" Natasha asked.

                    "Not these kinds of parties, no. I'm used to backyard parties with beer and barbecues ....will I used to be," Clarke explained, then took a big swig of her drink. After a few hours, the party winds down, leaving only the members of the Avengers left, plus Dr. Cho and Maria Hill. They all sat around a coffee table where Thor's hammer lay as they drank and bantered.

                    "But, it's a trick!" Barton said, referring to Thor's hammer.

                    "Oh, no. It's much more than that," Thor said, then took a swig of his beer.