2

The trip to Hogsmeade had to be cancelled. Headmaster Dumbledore had called together every student and teacher for a gathering in the Great Hall. It was an unusual hour to let them all gather there. In addition, the atmosphere felt burdensome. Outside, a storm was raging while the wild wind was slamming against the big windows of the hall.

Even as everyone had sat down, the mumbling and whispering hadn't stopped. Enya sat down next to her roommate Ryujin while Keonhee found a place between two Hufflepuff students. The girl's eyes were searching for Dongju in between the students dressed in green.

Once she had found him, she saw that the spot next to him, which usually belonged to Geonhak, was empty. Dongju noticed her worried expression and likewise unknowingly shrugged his shoulders. She couldn't possibly get up to go look for him.

Firstly, Dumbledore would not let her leave the hall before his announcement. Enya would only get into trouble.

Secondly, the female didn't even know where to look for him, there was no trace of him.

Suddenly, the Slytherin entered the Great Hall as if nothing had happened. Swiftly making his way to his seat, he didn't look at anyone for just a millisecond. Before the Ravenclaw could further ponder about it, Ryujin tapped her shoulder to get her attention.

"Silence!" Dumbledore's powerful voice echoed through the hall just then. Everything became dead-silent at once with all eyes on the old professor.

The bearded man had made his way to the pedestal with Professor McGonagall next to him. Her sharp eyes scanned the students, so nobody would even think about disturbing the silence.

"Thank you" he started slowly "for gathering here so quickly. I know that this is an unusual time to call all of you here, yet it is of great importance. I will make it short for you," he inhaled "The Dark Lord has returned."

The hall fell into another round of panicking mumbling. Dumbledore raised his voice again, so all attention was on him, "Voldemort has returned. I might as well mention his name right at once. I ask you to not panic. We are unaware of how, we don't know for how long he has been around again. We only know that he is regaining his strength with every minute that passes and he will not be using it in our favour."

Keonhee and Enya's eyes met with the same horrified expression. Then, Dongju's brown eyes met theirs as well. Only Geonhak looked at the headmaster and not his friends with huge eyes. He was frozen, his mouth slightly left open at the news. Poor Geonhak, the female thought. The blond seemed so shocked as if he had even forgotten how to breathe at that moment. He had to be as horrified as all of them.

"Now, students, I've told you I do not want you to fall into a state of panic. Your lessons will continue to take place as before, we will merely limit your time to leave the school grounds. Every student is to be back before it gets dark without any exceptions. We Professors will magically lock the castle walls once the stars are up. Only with your cooperation, we can assure your safety. Thank you. Good night." The headmaster stepped down as the students got ready to go to their dorms.

Enya didn't get a chance to even catch a glimpse of her friends as all students were strictly sorted by house in a line. Deep inside she knew that the Dark Lord was far away and no direct threat. Yet. She couldn't help but let cold shivers run down her spine.

Geonhak stood next to Dongju who seemed equally as frightened as Enya. Of course, he had noticed the stares of his friends. However, he didn't know how to react to this kind of news. The male wished he could somehow comfort his younger friend next to him but he was at the loss of words, so he just stared at him in awe.