3

The professors strictly stuck to their new rules. School hadn't been the same ever since the announcement. The only bright side of all of this was that Geonhak had started to spend more time with his friends again. Nobody ever questioned it, everyone was just glad he was with them.

It had been a grey day when the four of them decided to visit Hogsmeade before it got dark. There was no Potions class today, so the two eldest had time to spare. Mr Snape had called in ill today, which was rather uncommon for the headteacher of the Slytherin house. However, it felt as if the defeat of the Dark Lord had been declared to the students when they had found out.

Entering a warm pub, the smell of fresh drinks and warm meals instantly greeted the friends. The four of them sat down at a round table at the corner of the famous pub Three Broomsticks Inn. Everyone except for Dongju ordered a typical Butterbeer and enjoyed it while laughing loudly and having all kinds of conversations. Nobody got the chance to ruin the mood by just thinking about the dark magic coming back to the world. It felt as if none of it was happening and they were just able to continue their regular school life.

Dongju reminded them about the one time in winter the year before, Enya slipped on the ice and slid all the way down to Hagrid's hut while they were having a snowball fight. The female playfully hit him, a little harder than he would have expected her to. He rubbed his shoulder with an open mouth.

Then, Keonhee reminded him of how Dongju had been laughing so hard about Enya's incident that he slipped himself. The Slytherin had slid and directly hit a tree with masses of snow on its branches, so all of the white mass had come down right on him, leaving him soaking wet and almost freezing to death.

Geonhak had to laugh out thinking about and imagining the comic-like memory. It was contagious. Eventually, they all laughed as they remembered how flabbergasted Dongju had been when karma came for him.

Coming together always felt so good. Especially during those dark times. Despite not having any direct contact with the problems all of this was causing, Enya's thoughts always wandered off to it. The presence of the Dark Lord grew stronger and stronger with each day that was passing. They couldn't do anything about it, neither could the teachers who were already doing their best to protect the school and students. The Ministry Of Magic seemed to be sleeping through all of this.

Shortly before they had to be back on school grounds, they left the pub after paying for their delicious drinks. With hurried steps, they finally reached the castle grounds before they would have been locked out overnight. Taking a shortcut over the meadow at the back of the castle, they plagued themselves by making their way up the steep hill.

"Enya" Geonhak suddenly spoke out from behind "stay here for one more moment please."

Enya looked at the other two who were already some metres ahead of them, almost back in the castle. They looked back, so the female signalled them to not wait for them. Keonhee grinned and Dongju looked at him in confusion. The Hufflepuff grabbed his friend by the jacket and quickly dragged him into the castle under protest.

"Yes?" She finally turned her face to Geonhak. He suddenly came closer and took her cold hands in his. They were so warm. Her whole body was tickling. Enya peeked at him in surprise but he wasn't meeting her gaze.

"Please," he began and pointed at their rings "whatever happens, always keep this on even when we're not together. It connects us."

"I promise."

Finally, he looked up and their eyes met. His eyes seemed fogged, teary almost. Was he about to cry? A small smile embellished his lips.

"Furthermore, I have always meant to do this."

Out of nowhere, he pulled her closer. So close, that their blushed lips met. Enya had been waiting for this moment for so long but now, it hit her unexpectedly. His lips were gentle with hers, he didn't demand too much, yet he was genuine and passionate. The butterflies finally escaped her stomach.

Yet, those circumstances beclouded the kiss. Why now? Was he that scared of how all of this might turn out? Was he scared one of them might die? The conflict within her grew. Her worries were too big and many. They pulled away. She was yearning for more.

Before anyone was able to say anything, he wrapped his arms around her. Enya dug her head into his right shoulder as his chin rested on her head. They both just appreciated the silent moment of them being completely honest and vulnerable with each other. It didn't need any words.

She was grateful their feelings had finally been released. She was so grateful for having him in her life. Without him, she would have lost herself on the way of growing up serval times. Enya strongly believed that he made her a better person.

"Geonhak" was the first thing she said after a while "I'm worried. Something feels so off about everything at the moment."

"Me too, Enya. You're not alone with that, I understand and share your fear." He didn't have the words that were able to comfort the female.