Part 13: Sophia's Rules

I furrowed my brow. This can't be good.

The smiley face beamed once again.

"First things first!" she spoke, "Congratulations on your progress so far. Jinx, Vi, its great to see the two of you making amends again."

The sisters nodded.

"Ok, so," Sophia continued, "For this trial, only two of yall are permitted to enter."

"What!?" we all said in unison.

"I know, I know!" Sophia spoke, "Its for extra precaution is all."

"Extra precaution for what?" Thoma asked.

Sophia was silent for a moment before responding.

"Forget I said anything... I'll tell yall later."

"Well who gets to go in?" Vi pressed.

"Easy," Sophia said, "Thoma and Josh."

I rose my brows.

"It started with yall and so it shall end with yall too."

"But what will the rest of us do?" Jinx questioned.

"Well.." Sophia said, "While these two complete the last trial, you guys are free to complete your own trials and get all of your memories back."

I looked at my companions.

"I thought we had all of our memories?" Vi spoke up.

"Well," Sophia said, "You and jinx are actually missing a lot of memories from the undercity. Its where you both grew up. Do you want them back?"

Jinx and Vi looked at each other and nodded.

"Great!" Sophia beamed, "Then its settled!"

Sophia's projection disappeared as the knob reappeared.

I turned to face the group. Vi walked up and hugged us as jinx followed, pulling Aomine in so we could group hug.

"Goodluck." Vi said to Thoma and me.

"You too." we said back in unison.

We said our goodbyes and wished each other well. I hoped I'd get a chance to see them again before returning with my memories to my world.

"You ready?" Thoma held out his hand.

"Yes."

"Then lets get to it."

We opened the doors to the kitchen. It had been fully decorated in pink hearts and various lovey dovey themed wall papers. It looked like it belonged in some kind of valentine's day camp, not the north pole. A projection of Mommy Claus appeared on the wall with a message.

"Hey there!~" she said, "Its me, Mommy Claus. Well. Not really. This is a recording hehe! Today you will be baking in the kitchen. Lucky doves! or was it lucky deer? Oh well, either way its fine.~ Today you wont just be baking any random item off the shelf. You will be making Christmas cookies! A special friend will instruct you lovies on how to follow the recipe but the decorating bit will have to come straight from the creativity of your own minds. How exciting! Anyways to pass this baking test you have to 1. bake those delicious cookies, B. thoughtfully decorate them, and 4.give them to your partner to eat! Thats my favorite part~ My special friend will make her appearance as soon as you say the word "Start!" Other than that, goodluck!"

MC waved and the projection cut off.

"Baking cookies?" I said, "Sounds easy enough."

"Yeah and decorating them should be a breeze with your artistic talent!"

I smiled.

"lets get to it!"

Thoma looked at me a smiled, "Start!"

With that, another projection appeared just above the stove. This time it was of a cartoon woman's upper body. She had light brown hair, no exact eye color, and was wearing a white buttoned shirt with a yellow apron, although her pink bandana was what made her stand out.

"Hi!" She said, "I'm Cooking Mama!"

I glanced at Thoma with raised eyebrows.

"Ready to start cooking?" Cooking Mama asked.

We both nodded reluctantly. Cooking Mama was actually kinda adorable. I had high hopes for this trial already.

"Alright!" Cooking Mama said, "First, put on some aprons! You'll find them on a hook by the door!"

I wonder how we missed that on our way in.

Thoma and I almost skipped on our way to the door, happy to have such a helpful instructor to lead us through the trial.

There were two aprons available, with name tags to tell us whose belonged to who. Mine was green with a red Christmas present on the center. Thoma's was red with a Christmas tree in the same spot. I may have blushed a little at the sight of him in that adorable apron.

Thoma and I then made our way back to the stove, ready for more instructions, come to find a handful of ingredients already on the counter in a very organized manner.

"Ok!" Cooking Mama said with a big smile, "Lets begin!"