2

little seo suji had a secret.

she could hear very well. her friends at kindergarten told her that after she overheard them whispering from across the entire class.

and from there, she developed a new hobby.

according to her daddy, the best lawyer in the world, eavesdropping on a telephone conversation without the consent of at least one party engaged in the conversation is considered a felony, and getting caught my result in a ten thousand dollar fine or jail for up to five years. suji didn't want to go to jail, so she would never eavesdrop on a phone conversation.

but physical conversations, however, was a different story.

especially physical conversations between her parents.

they would never send her to jail anyway. not really. probably not.

"...you won't send me to jail, right?"

johnny squeezed suji's cheeks until they turn red. "we will. you'll hear 911 coming first thing tomorrow, and they'll ship you straight to jail. the one where mycroft keeps ouros in. the jail for superhuman geniuses."

"hehe. superhuman-"

"hehe?!" chia's eye twitched in an unnatural way, "you're out of bedtime and eavesdropping on things you shouldn't be listening to and you still have the mood to reference your dad's corny old songs?"

"hehe." suji giggles, "but i can solve auntie suyin's problem, no?"

"you?"

mommy always sounds like she's suspicious, but suji knows that's not always true. she's been smart for too long, and she can do things most five-year-olds can't.

"of course. i can get her fuckbuddy to become her boyfriend just before lunar new year."