ᴊ ᴀ s ᴘ ᴇ ʀ ʜ ᴀ ʟ ᴇ

Reminder: English is not my First language. I apologize in advance for the errors in grammar in this chapter. I hope you understand. Thank you and happy reading!

Dance the night away

You entered your home, removed your shoes and put them in the shoe drawer. "Is that you (y/n)?" You heard Jasper called. "Yeah yeah it's me" you replied, slamming the door behind you. You hang your keys, throw your case and bag on the corner of the living room and collapse on the sofa. Jasper approached you with a spatula in his hand. "Hard day?" He asks as he kisses your cheek. "Mhm yeah....." you muttered and sat up. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Well, A couple of newlyweds decided to have a divorce. It took me 3 cups of coffee to deal with them. Boy they are the hardest ones I've ever handled....Oh also I'm sorry I'm a bit late."

"Don't worry about it. Anyways you should go get cleaned up. I already prepared you a warm bath. And while you're doing that, I'll finish preparing your dinner"

"Thank you Hon...you are the best!" You gave him a peck on his lips before walking upstairs.

You just got out of the shower. Now, you're sitting at your vanity table, taking your time to brush and dry your hair. "Dinner's Ready!" Jasper called from downstairs. You rush downstairs and A mouthwatering aroma emanating from the kitchen welcomes you. The smell made your tummy grumble. "That looks delicious" "Thank you" Jasper smiled, putting the foods he cooked on your plate. You complimented his cooking a lot. Even though he doesn't eat human foods anymore, he tried his best and learned to cook just for you. Jasper loves cooking and taking care of you. He felt like his day would never be complete without looking after you. You told him that he doesn't have to do that everytime but he refused saying, 'You're a busy and hardworking person. You deserve to go home and have someone take care of you.'

After chatting and eating, you helped him clean up the kitchen and proceed to sit and relax in the living room. You grabbed your glasses and read your favorite book. It was quiet. The only thing you can hear are the crickets. Suddenly, Jasper broke the silence.

"What day is it today?" He asks, putting down his book.

"Friday. Why?" You replied, not looking away from your book.

"Hm.. so tomorrow's Saturday.... Which means it's your day off?"

"Mhm..."

He stood up and walked across the living room. And suddenly, music is playing loudly. You flinched and looked up. "Jasper! What are you doing?" You asked, removing your glasses and putting your book on the coffee table. You furrowed your eyebrows, confused about what's going on.

Now playing Fantasy by Mariah Carey

And there he was. Jasper started dancing and mouthing lyrics as he signals you to join him. Your eyes widened at his sudden action. This isn't like him. He looks silly.

Oh, when you walk by every night
Talking sweet and looking fine
I get kinda hectic inside

"Dance with me baby! Come on!" He says, still dancing and dubbing the lyrics. "No I'm good-OH okay okay" He pulled you towards him and you Burst out laughing. Soon you joined him, singing and dancing non stop the whole night.

But it's just a sweet sweet fantasy baby
When I close my eyes
You come and you take me
It's so deep in my daydreams
But it's just a sweet, sweet fantasy baby

Soon, your energy is gone and the two of you are now slow dancing.

Now playing, Dream a little dream of me by Doris Day

Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singin' in the sycamore trees
Dream a little dream of me

You swayed in silence. No one talked. Your head resting on his chest. Jasper closed his eyes as he listened to your heartbeat. His head resting above yours.

Stars fading but I linger on, dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longing to linger 'til dawn, dear
Just saying this
Sweet dreams 'til sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams, whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me

As the music finally comes to an end, You yawned and Jasper slowly pulled away from you, not letting go of your hands. "Shall we rest now?" You nodded as he guided you upstairs. He lay beside you, his palm on the side of his head while tucking the strands of your hair behind your ears. "I honestly don't know what to do without you. Thank you for today. The stress came out of my body to be honest... It's fun. It's nice to dance with you again. Goodnight. I love you" You whispered, as you slowly close your eyes. "I'm glad... Good night. I love you too." He whispers and kisses your forehead.

Author's note: Wow I never felt so alone. Anyway I'll be back tomorrow to publish more I gotta go sleep