eleven

The rest of the weekend passed by in a blur and I felt like a was floating in my own bubble. Our relationship changed overnight, and we spent the rest of Cal's vacation enjoying ourselves and getting to know each other intimately. I was surprised myself that we made it home without ever making love but that didn't mean that we weren't able to explore each other's bodies.

I felt a shiver in my body just thinking about how Cal's hands expertly caressed every curve of my body, as if he was trying to memorize it. He made me feel things that I thought I would not be able to feel for a long time. I could only imagine what it would be like if we were able to finally make love.

As much as I wanted it to happen, I know that our decision not to go there was the right one. Even though the relationship has been building up since that fateful day that I initiated a conversation with him alone, it was different when it was now face to face. We were back to square one. It was a nice feeling to get to know him again outside of work, and it was as if we were getting to know each other for the first time.

It made it much more tangible, much more sincere, and heartfelt and I wanted to savor every moment of it.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Cal's voice brought me out of my daydreaming, and I almost forgot we were in the airport.

Cal handed me a coffee which I gratefully accepted, and I immediately leaned into him as soon as he sat beside me, his belongings already beside him.

"Hmmm, just trying to remember how great the weekend was spending it with you." I told him and I sighed, trying not to let it get to me that he was leaving today and who knows when we were going to see each other again.

Cal leaned closed and I felt his lips on my hair and I relaxed on his embrace.

"It was the best vacation I ever had." He responded happily and I had to agree.

"I didn't think I would enjoy the beach as much as I enjoyed it the last few days."

"That's because you finally learned how to swim." He laughed softly and that got him a smack on his shoulders as I rolled my eyes when I saw him trying not to laugh harder.

It wasn't really swimming as much as being able to wade in the water without having to touch the sand at the bottom. Cal was able to talk me through another swimming lesson when we woke up early the next day. It took a lot of coaxing from him but when I finally allowed myself to relax in the water, I was able to do it. Of course, he couldn't make me do it on the deeper side of the sea no matter how hard he tried to encourage me to push forward but it was already a big step for me, and it was all because of Cal.

We had spent the rest of the morning swimming and making out until it was time for us to check out. When we got back to the city, there was still a few hours left before his flight, so Cal decided to make do with his promise of just staying at home to watch movies and cuddle until it was time for him to leave.

I must admit, I wanted him to stay longer. I never wanted the day to end, and I was pretty sure he felt the same way too. I realized how much it just feels right to have him beside me all the time and looking at him now, bags all packed and ready to go back home 400 miles away, I resisted the urge to hug him tightly and never ever let go.

I sat up straighter, the irrational fear of our long-distance relationship getting the better of me. I turned to face him, and I know that he could see the fear in my eyes because he smiled gently and took my hand to his lips.

"I know that it may seem too soon, but I know my feelings for you and Cass, I'm not going to pass up this opportunity to be with you. I 'll take what I can get, even when it's long distance. We can make this work." He stated confidently.