seven

It was still early in the afternoon and signs of heavy traffic was still starting. In about an hour or so, it was already going to be heavy so I thought that maybe we could just go straight to our destination that suddenly came to mind. If we wait until late in the afternoon to go there, we might end up arriving at the restaurant when the sun is already down.

"Huh... interesting." He commented as soon as the car started to climb a long and winding road.

"Have you been to this part of the city?" I asked, curious.

"I'm not really sure. It's been years since the last time that I have been here. I don't think I could remember the road and the streets that I've went to... but your office building is still close right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, this is still the same district. The traffic later is going to slow us down so I thought this would be a good place to start. It's just a few minutes away from work but we'll be able to go up in the mountainside to get a good view of the city and there are nice restaurants there that we can have dinner and enjoy the view at the same time." I explained, which was the longest that I was able to say since we've been together. I was glad that I was finally able to muster the courage to speak comfortably to him.

"I like where this is headed. Do I get to know which restaurant we'll be stopping?"

"I'm not sure if you're familiar with it but it's something that I keep seeing in social media and some of my colleagues have recommended. They say it's a great place... good food and great view and affordable as well."

"That sounds nice... haven't you been to the place before? Maybe with your friends... or like a date?" he asked, now the one who was curious.

"Nope. Not with friends and not on a date. Unfortunately, there's no one I was able to try it out with before."

"Well, I'm glad I'm here then." He said cheerfully and went back to looking at the surrounding view. Buildings were slowly making way to trees and mountains. I did not have any respond to that, so I just kept silent.

"Oh hey, look." He suddenly said. I slowed down and looked at what he was pointing. There was a small open space at the side of the road that overlooked the city. There were a few cars and motorcycles parked on an empty lot while people were making themselves comfortable in benches and tables that were placed randomly in the small space. Only a fence separated it from the road, but it looked to be a place where people just go to relax and unwind while admiring a great view of the city.

"Can we stop? It's still too early for dinner." He asked, hopeful.

"Sure. Hold on..." I drove the car to the parking space and as soon as we got out, it was the cold breeze that greeted us and to think that I was already wearing my jacket.

"You okay?" he asked, stepping closer to me.

"Yeah... It's cold but..." I inhaled, savoring the smell of nature. "It's finally nice to breath fresh air with all that pollution in the city."

"I know, right?" He inhaled as well, exaggerating the movement in his shoulders. "Who knew that just a few minutes from the busy city, you can go to a place like this and just relax. Come on."

I felt his hands at the back of my blazer as he led me towards an empty spot just along the edge of the cliff and even with the fabric, I could feel that part of my body heating up with his touch.

Since it was still early, there were only a few people around us, mostly couples and a few people sitting on their own.

We situated ourselves in a wooden bench with a table but instead of sitting across from each other, we decided to sit side by side in the bench with the view of the city, in front of us.