eight

There were so many things that happened during the day that when I got home, I just went straight to my room and jumped to bed. Of course, I wasn't going to be able to sleep before I could get out from my work clothes and freshen up but at that moment, I just wanted to lay down and not do anything and let everything that happened, sink in.

Cal was here. We technically had a dinner date, we hugged, we looked and acted like a couple, we were going to spend the weekend on the beach together... alone... if this was not the beginning of a relationship then we were just making a fool out of ourselves.

I'm pretty sure, by tomorrow, we would already have gotten over the surprise of our first meeting and we should be able to talk about whatever this is that's happening because at any given moment, anything... and I mean, anything can happen between us and I know long distance relationship did not work out very well for me the last time but now, I'm older... and maybe a little wiser so I'm pretty optimistic that if I was going to have a relationship with Cal, it was going to work out and God! how I wanted it to work out.

Seeing him today... just thinking about him is sending shivers all throughout my body... in a good and sensual way. I could remember the feeling when his hands would brush on mine, how intoxicating his smell was when he hugged me, his intense eyes that would look at me like I was the only thing that mattered and the way his soft lips would speak my name and how just before I left, how close it was that if I only tiptoed, I would be able taste it.

I sat up and shook my head to clear my thoughts and decided to take a shower before my mind could wander elsewhere but before I could even stand up, the phone in my pocket vibrated.

Unsure of who was calling late at night, I took out my phone and saw that it was an unknown number and as much as I didn't want to answer, some of my relatives have a habit of calling me from random numbers so I had to answer in case it was something important.

"Hello?"

"Hey Cass! It's me." At least now, I know that it's not a relative.

"Cal! how did you get my number?" I was caught off guard by his call that, that was the first thing that came out of my mouth even though, it was already obvious where he could get my number.

"You're work email of course. I couldn't help it. I needed to make sure that you got home safe."

"Yeah... ahm, I did. Thanks for checking. I just got home a few minutes ago." I told him. The fact that also a few minutes ago I was thinking of him a lot... that, he didn't need to know.

"That's good to know." We fell silent and I wasn't sure what to say to him next.

"You know, your number has always been on my phone. I just never had the courage to call you outside of work." I was surprised by his confession. I get what he meant though because I felt the same way, except I wasn't able to save his number on my phone. Instead, I used it as an alibi to not initiate the call on my end because I didn't have his number.

"Why now?" My curiosity got the better of me and I heard him sigh on the other line.

"I just felt that it's already the right time and... I was also refraining from calling you before because I know that once I started, I might not stop, and I didn't want to disrupt your time outside of the office."

That made me think and I realized that he was right.

"Now..." I tentatively said and he was the one who continued for me.

"Now... I hope you won't get bored if I start calling you out of the blue once I start missing you and knowing me... you're going to probably be hearing a lot from me from now on."