Chapter 1

Author's Notes: The story follows the events of Parallax so to better understand what happens in this story line, it's highly recommended to read Parallax first ^^. This is just a glimpse of the other side of reality and hopefully, you guys would give the same love as you have my other stories ^_^. Thank you all and enjoy! I just realized that I had posted this sequel on other platforms but not here so I'm posting this now. ^^

_____________________________________________________________________________

Bella's hands went to her belly, slowly caressing it while staring at herself in the mirror in awe.

She couldn't see anything different, yet deep inside she knew something drastically has changed. She realized that the moment she felt that tiny nudge inside her.

It shouldn't be possible. Didn't it just happen the other night? There may be some other explanation and yet deep down, she believes that there was only one answer because even if it was very much too early to even consider it, all the things that she felt, her cravings, her dreams of a beautiful child, her sleepiness, it all added up for her.

She was married to a vampire so how impossible was it to conceive right away when they just consummated their marriage just a few nights ago?

She was going to have a child... Edward's child and her heart blossomed. What was once a place only for the man she loves now made space for another, her baby... her little nudger.

As she was reveling at the idea of her having a baby, she finally allowed herself to look at Edward beside her, but he was frozen in place. He was staring into the horizon and Bella's brows creased in confusion, unsure of what was happening.

The sound of a phone ringing caught Bella's attention and she realized that it was inside Edward's pocket, but he was not answering it. He still stood there, as frozen as a vampire could be.

She decided to take the phone out and saw that it was Alice calling.

"Alice?" She answered the phone.

"Bella!" She was confused at Alice's relieved tone.

"What happened?! I couldn't see you! I was worried!"

"We're fine. Well, at least I think we are." She responded, unsure.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not sure yet. Is Carlisle there?" She heard a shuffle from the other line and Carlisle's voice came through the phone next.

"Bella? Is everything okay?" Carlisle asked worriedly.

"Ahm, can vampires go to shock?"

"Ahhh No. Why? What happened? Is Edward all right? Are you all okay?"

There was a pause before Bella could say the words out loud.

"I think I'm pregnant."

The other line was silent.

Before anyone else could say anything, the phone was taken away from her hand and she stood, staring at Edward while he paced in the room as he talked to Carlisle. He was talking in vampire speed so she couldn't understand the conversation, but Edward's expression was full of rage and beneath it, she saw pain and desperation.

There will be moments that he would feel that he is not worthy... that being near you might have been a bad idea, but you must be strong, for both of your sake.

Bella realized that she needed to do something about Edward's reaction. She grabbed Edwards free hand, and the movement caught him by surprise. He whirled around to face her and was about to dismiss her when he stopped, and their gazes met.