Begginers Luck

Wilbur POV:

"oh fuck."

Wilbur groaned and flopped onto the ground beside the table.

"quit moaning. you lost the first round."
rebounded Quackity, smirking.

Wilbur stuck out his tongue from the floor.
"I still suck." He mumbled.

Quackity laughed lightly. "don't worry, you'll get better."

He must have been a prophet, because the next game, Wilbur won.

Quackity obviously hadn't expected him to improve so quickly, and deftly complained.

"Hey, that's not fair this is my thing."

"You sound like a child," Wilbur said amusedly.

"No, I don't!" Protested Quackity, immediately realising how immature he sounded and looking embarrassed.

Wilbur laughed under his breath.

Quackity ignored him and collected the balls to reassemble their formation.

Wilbur rolled his eyes and picked up his discarded cue stick. He longed for a cigarette but knew Quackity would tell him off. Even though Quackity frequently smoked anyway. Double standards.

Quackity however checked his watch and placed his down, beginning to walk away.

"wait! where are you going?!" Wilbur called after him.

Quackity POV:

Quackity stopped. "I don't know. back to my office?" he said, exasperated. "I do run a business you know. I have to do work eventually."

Wilbur rolled his eyes. "why do work when you can do me?" he said jokingly.

Quackity rolled his eyes. "shut it." he muttered, turning around to face Wilbur.

"What was that?"

Quackity glared at Wilbur. "I said shut it," he repeated himself.

Wilbur cocked his eyebrow and walked towards him.

"you know," He said, wrapping his arm around Quackity. "I could teach you a few things," he whispered huskily in Quackity's ear.

Quackity laughed flatly. "You really think that's going to work on me?"

Wilbur smirked. "what? you don't want me anymore?"

"I never did." Quackity spat. "you're pathetic."

Wilbur smirked. "You flatter me. Anyway, I'm sure your 'work' can wait another game."

Quackity sighed and walked over to the table. "you sure you actually know how to play?" he questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

Wilbur looked offended but not very. "of course. I beat you didn't I?"

Quackity scoffed. "beginners luck." he muttered.

Wilbur handed him back his cue stick.

Quackity took it reluctantly. "One more game then I suppose."

One more game soon turned into two, then three, then four, then five. Not that Quackity was counting.

(A/N: I apologise in advance for any lore discrepancies lmao★)