LÄS NEVADAS

Quackity POV:

Quackity felt his heart make a small jump he despised when he heard a knock on his office door.

It swung open to reveal Wilbur and quackity tried to quell his excitement.

"Oh. it's you. Hello." Quackity managed to say, trying not to look too relieved at the sight of him.

Wilbur walked up to the desk and quackity looked up at him with a controlled expression.

Wilbur took a breath and managed to return to his usual, casual, and playful nature, albeit a bit forced. "come down to the casino with me tonight?" he asked.

Quackity interrupted him. "What do you want?"

Wilbur blinked, smiling bemusedly. "You to come down to the casino with me tonight..??"

"No, I mean what do you hope to gain from me? What's your angle? Your plan. You've always had one before."

Wilbur thought about this. "I don't have one." he replied. "truly!" he added, seeing Quackity's sceptical expression.

His voice turned softer
"Maybe I'm sick of all that. Maybe I just want to have some consistency in my life..." He shook himself slightly. "Or maybe I just couldn't think of a good enough reason." He said grinning again, leaning over the desk a bit. "Either way there's no angle. I promise." He added, raising his hands in mock surrender. "so are you coming or not ducky my man?"

Quackity eyed him before sighing and grabbing his outstretched hand.

"Fine. But let's not go to the casino. I have somewhere else we can go."

Wilbur shrugged. "Alrighty, you're the boss."

Quackity smirked, grabbing his coat off a hook on the door. "Am I now?"

Wilbur smiled at the challenge. "we'll see."

And with that, they were back to normal.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Wilbur POV:

Wilbur didn't even stop to wonder where Quackity was taking him as he was led out into the cool night air.

But they didn't leave the casino, instead walking to the side of the building where a ladder lead up towards the top of the building.

Quackity motioned for Wilbur to go first.

He whistled. "Perv," he said as he walked forward, hands in pockets.

Then he smiled to himself as Quackity immediately pushed past him and started up the ladder.

He followed Quackity, trying to lean out and see where they were going. It seemed that they weren't headed for the roof, however, when Quackity suddenly leapt off the ladder.

Wilburs' heart skipped a beat and he instinctively reached out to grab him in a panic but was nowhere near close enough.

Quackity landed somewhat gracefully on a balcony.

Wilbur relaxed, feeling a bit silly, and jumped as well, landing quite a bit less gracefully.

Peering over the side of the balcony he felt a bit sweaty and his throat threatened to contract. They were very far from the ground.

He glanced at the door leading back into the building, then at the balcony, then he looked at quackity with confusion.

"Couldn't we have just got here from inside??"

Quackity grinned smugly. "Yup. but it's way more fun this way, isn't it?"

Wilbur glared.

Quackity laughed and jumped over the balcony again.