2. The Thing You Love Most/Snow Falls

♪ Don't be shy just let your feelings roll on by ♪

The song played on Lila's phone as she walked down the street to school.

♪ don't wear fear or nobody will know you're there just lift your head ♪

She hummed it as she walked to class and the bell rang. She took out her earbuds and set out her books as the teacher walked in. "Today, will be your group reading of Hamlet, split yourselves into 5 groups and read chapters 3-4." She rolled her eyes before turning to the people around her to read.

~

Lila stayed after school to offer tutoring to some freshmen and was only making her way to Henry school a few minutes before they got out. She stopped walking as something clouded her vision.

It was dark and moved like fog.

"NICO!"

"Where the hell did he go?"

"Where is Bianca?"

"Are those skeletons?"

They were all her voice, but they didn't make sense, she didn't remember them.

She shook her head before finishing her walk to Henry's school. When she got there she saw him getting into a car with Miss Blanchard. She walked to the car and got inside as she started the engine. "So, where are we going?"

"To the police station, my mom had my other mom arrested," Henry explained.

"Of course," Lila sighed.

~

The three of them made their way into the police station where Sheriff Graham was taking photos of Emma. "Hey!" Henry said.

"Henry. Henry, what are you doing here?" Sheriff Graham asked him, confused.

"His mother told him what happened," Mary Margret explained.

"Of course she did," Emma sighed. "Henry, I don't know what she said–"

"You're a genius," Henry said, cutting her off. Lila and the other three looked at him confused.

"What?"

"I know what you were up to. You were gathering intel... for Operation Cobra?" Henry asked.

"I'm sorry. I'm a bit lost," Sheriff Graham told him.

"It's need-to-know, sheriff, and all you need to know is that Ms. Blanchard's gonna bail her out," Henry told him. Lila nodded, proud of him. Honestly, slay.

"You are?" Emma asked and Lila thought about it before turning to the teacher.

"You are?"

"Why?" Emma asked her.

"I, uh, trust you," Mary stuttered.

"Well, if you can uncuff me, I have something to do," Emma told him.

The four of them walked out with a newly released Swan. Lila turned to the younger boy, "Henry, I think it's time I got you home."

"But–"

"No buts, you have homework and so do I, doesn't matter if I have to stay over tonight, you will finish it."

"You stay over every night."

~

That night Lila took Henry over to his mom's office so they could have their regular dinner together after his session with Archie. Lila was just walking out of the office doors to get back home when Henry came barrelling into her, crying.