Chapter 16

Axel

Your immediate thought was Axel, as he would be one to take your mind off of everything and even make you laugh. He was a lovable goofball, and you knew someone like him would lift your spirits. His dramatic personality would be enough to redirect your attention elsewhere, even if it was just for a little while.

When you told Noctis your chosen person, he immediately was texting on his phone. "Whatever you need, {Y/N}."

You watched some TV with Noctis after breakfast until there was a knock at the door. You gripped the blanket over your shoulders even tighter as Axel hadn't even waited for an answer, he just walked in all smiles with Xion by his side. Xion gave you a quick wave and made her way upstairs as to continue to give you the space you needed. Axel threw his bag to the ground and approached the living room. When he saw Noctis sitting beside you, he scoffed and made room in-between the two of you.

"Excuuuuuse me lemme just..."

He squeezed his way through, causing Noctis to roll his eyes and stand up. "Clearly I am not wanted here. Just don't be too much Axel."

Axel winked and gave him finger guns. "I know what I'm doing."

With an amused chuckle Noctis left the two of you alone.

By the time Noctis was going up the stairs, Axel had ensured to move over at least an extra foot to give you space. His arm rested on the back of the couch, but he still ensured not to touch you. Once Axel knew the coast was clear and the two of you were alone, his face grew somber as he looked over in your direction with concerned eyes.

"So how are you holding up?"

You frowned and looked to your lap, pulling the blanket closer to you. "Could be worse."

Axel rolled his eyes. "It's none of my business, {Y/N}, but sadly everyone is aware of what happened. If you have feelings to let out then let them out."

Your eyes got watery when he spoke to you. "I j-just... I'm so tired. My emotions are so mixed I don't know how to feel. I-Im just... Numb."

"May I touch you?"

When you nodded and gave consent, Axel draped the arm resting on the back of the couch over your shoulders, and pulled you into his lap. You sat sideways, your legs resting on top of one of his and your head laying on his chest. You could hear a rapid heartbeat as if he was nervous to be there. He patted the top of your head and stroked your hair gently as his eyes were fixed on the TV.

"What happened was unfair, and you deserve better." He whispered. "I'm glad you're safe now."

With his words you burst into sobs. Axel covered your face with the blanket and pulled you as close to him as possible, wrapping his arms around you into a tight hug.

"We are all here to support you."

And he let you cry for as long as you needed.

Roxas

He was always messing around with Axel, but you knew Roxas was the right person to come and handle your situation. He was always so kind and patient, ensuring to keep the mood light but also knowing when it was time to be serious. He took care of you in unexpected ways, and you knew he would do it again.

When you told Noctis you wanted Roxas to visit he didn't hesitate to whip out his phone and begin texting. "I'll let him know."

After breakfast you and Noctis sat on the couch, the blanket still covering your head and shoulders as the two of you sat about a foot apart. Before you knew it Xion had walked into her home with a smile, giving you a small wave before retreating upstairs to ensure to give you the space you needed. Roxas trailed not too far behind her, dropping his bag on the ground and making his way to your direction.