childhood friends, connor bedard

-I sat in the small aisle seat doing my seatbelt up. I was on a plane, flying to Halifax to see one of my best friends ever, Connor Bedard. I was so excited to see Connor after he'd been busy with hockey for the past couple of months. We had called eachother weekly, but no visits.

My older brother, b/n, was coming with me. My parents couldn't get time of from work and decided to just stay home in BC. Growing up, my brother and I went to hockey games all the time. My brother and Connor also played on the same team. But Connor and I met through school. I remember watching them play, now I'd be watching Connor play on team Canada.

Last year, I watched him play for team Canada on tv. It'd be different this year.

I looked over at my brother. He was looking through his bag, probably for his head phones.

"Do you think they'll win?" I asked him. We were going to watch their second game, against Germany

"You know Connor," he laughed at my nervousness "He's going to play the best he can. The other players are awesome too, I have no doubt they'll win."

"Yeah, yeah. Ok" I nodded my head trying not to worry too much. 

I found myself feeling tired all of the sudden. I decided to get comfortable for the flight and take a nap.

-

A couple hours later I felt someone shake my shoulder lightly. I opened my eyes and saw b/n looking at me.

"We're landing soon, and you were completely knocked out." He laughed. I gave him an annoyed look.

After we landed we headed to our hotel. We were staying in the same hotel as Connor, which was planned.

"Send Connor a message. So we can see him before his game tonight." B/n suggested to me.

"Okay, I'll ask him what room he's in." I replied while grabbing my phone.

Connor 🤙

b/n and I landed
what room are you in??

412
we can order food when
you get here

okk
be there in 5

I got ready to leave, making sure I looked good after having been on a plane. I was kind of worried. Even though we were best friends, I kind of had a crush on Connor. I had never told anyone about it before.

"You ready?" I heard b/n ask.

"Yup!" I said, walking over to the door.

"Ok, let's go."

Connor was one floor above us so we took the elevator up. We walked over to his door, I paused for a second before raising my hand and knocking.

A couple seconds later the door swung open. Before I could do anything, I was being pulled in for a hug. I felt Connors face in the crook of my neck and instantly wrapped my hands around his neck.

"I missed you so much." I heard him whisper into my ear.

"So did I." we finally let go and he looked at me for a good couple of seconds before hugging my brother next.

We went into to his room and I sat on his bed. We ordered food but he had to order a special meal. I just got a chicken salad.

We talked about everything we'd missed in the time we spent apart.

"Mrs. Goodfey is still making us work on that weird project with the live frogs. You should be glad you left." I informed him with a smile on my face.

He laughed at that. We kept talking until the food got there. We still talked as we ate, but soon enough we had to leave because he had to get ready for the game.

-

We got to the Arena and sat in our seats. We were closest to the rink. As  the game started b/n and I were both cheering. Yet, I was louder than him.

I was screaming so much it felt like I was going to lose my voice. Connor scored more times than I could count.

Canada ended up beating Germany by 11:2.

B/n and I were leaving when I got a message from Connor.

meet me outside of locker
room 4

"Connor wants to meet me outside his locker room. You can come too." I told b/n. He rolled his eyes because Connor didn't ask for him too.

I walked over to his locker room and saw him looking down at his phone while also leaning against the wall.

"Connor?" I called. He looked up and smiled. I finally got over to him.

"You played soo well!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks." He laughed. He began to stare down at my lips. I noticed him leaning down, so I began to stand taller on my tiptoes. He finally got the courage to kiss me.

He opened his mouth slightly which led to a more passionate sort of kiss. I didn't realize my brother had got there and his teammates were there, cheering. I just payed attention to him, he moved his hand to my cheek. When we pulled away and smiled at one another, I realized something.

It wasn't my first kiss, but it was my most important one.

a/n:

SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK!! ive never written this sort of book, so let me know if you have any tips. hope you like this short story ab my bae 🤭