enemies, connor bedard

This was requested by uhitsellaa

I pulled my large suitcase up into the elevator. My older brother, Luke Hughes and I had just arrived at our hotel with his team.

I got hired as the assistant photographer for Team USA. I've always had a passion for photography and when Luke told me their photographer was looking for an assistant, I jumped at the opportunity.

We took most of the photos before leaving for the competition, but I needed to be there at the actual games.

I looked down at the hotel card. Room 324. Luke and the rest of his team were a floor above me. I got out saying goodnight and waving bye to them, earning a 'goodnight' from Luke.

I was really tired and looked around trying to find my room. Dragging myself to the end of the hall, I spotted the number of my room.

I unlocked the door with my card and checked the room quickly before falling asleep.

-

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. We weren't doing anything except media stuff but I still wanted to be ready early. 

After getting ready I headed over to the room Luke was sharing with one of his teammates. We got breakfast together.

"I'm so hungry." Luke whined as he tried to steal some of my food.

"Hey!" I caught him and tried to grab it back but he was too fast. He ate it with a laugh.

"Come on, eat faster." He said checking his phone for the time. "We have to leave soon."

"Ok." I mumbled, my mouth stuffed with food.

-

I finally got back to my room after all of the media work I had to do. I said 'goodnight' to Luke and his teammates then got off the elevator again.

I took a shower and got ready for bed. I turned off my lights and got into bed, shutting my eyes. No less than thirty minutes later, I woke up.

I heard loud voices coming from a door connecting another hotel room to mine. I hadn't noticed that before.

I thought I could just wait it out, but no, they got even louder. I finally decided I had enough and went over to the door.

I knocked a couple times. I heard someone walking over to the door. They opened it and I could feel my eyes go wide.

I recognized the guy at the door. He was a part of our rival team, Team Canada.

I couldn't remember his name. I realized I probably looked crazy when I heard a guy behind him laugh.

I glared at the guy, putting the most serious face I could on.

"Could you guys please quiet down? I can't sleep with all the noise." I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Oh, uh yeah." His cheeked turned red as he began to speak.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically while turning around.

-

Waking up, I was still pissed about last night.

I got a message from Luke to come down early for breakfast because they had a game today.

I got ready and walked to the elevator pulling my phone out. I messaged my parents telling them how I was doing. As I got out of the elevator I looked for Luke and the Team.

I spotted them already sitting at a table.

I mumbled a 'good morning' and pulled my phone out again.

"Come on." Luke tugged my arm to signal getting up to get food. I was putting some food on a plate when someone started to talk to me.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about last night. We weren't trying to be loud." The guy from last night said.

"Sorry for freaking out, I just get kinda cranky." He laughed at my comment.

He stuck out a hand.

"I'm Connor," I raised my eyebrow, waiting for his last name. "Bedard." He finished. I nodded.

"My names y/n Hughes." I grabbed his hand and shook it.

"Wait- is your brother Luke Hughes?" He looked surprised.

"Yeah." I nodded over to where my brother stood talking to a few of his friends.

We talked for a little longer before I caught Luke staring at us. I bit my lip, worried for what he would say.

Connor caught on to what was happening.

"I, uh got to go." I mumbled walking away from him and sitting back down beside Luke.

"Why were you talking to him? He's on another Team." Luke said.

"He started talking to me, it would be rude to ignore him." I replied. Luke rolled his eyes and went back to whatever they were talking about before.

-

I was looking for my camera bag and realized I forgot it.

"Hey, I got to go back to my room and get my camera. I'll be down in a couple minutes." I announced while standing up at the table. Everyone nodded.

I was walking over to elevator and saw Connor get up from his table too. I looked away and continued to walk to the elevator. I push the buttons to head up to my room and the doors begin to close. But a hand stops it, Connors hand.

He slips through and looks at me with a shy smile.

"I wanted to ask for your number earlier, but..." He rambled on about your brother and you laughed.

"I don't think my brother would like that." you said while turning to face the elevator doors.

"I can talk to him." He had a serious,  determined look on his face. "Please?"

"Why do you even want my number?" You asked, genuinely curious.

"Well," he smiled "you're really funny and pretty. I want to get to know you more. I don't care if I have to convince you're brother."

You gave him a look. The elevator bell rang.

"Ok." You said "But you have to talk to my brother."

You waved and exited the elevator. Connor had a huge smile on his face as he waved back at you.

a/n: took like a month to update 😭 anyways, this was requested so I tried my best to follow the request. hope you guys like it!!