Babysit

Oneshot Synopsis: April and Donnie find themselves babysitting Ace again, the difference is: Ace has grown up.

Warning: This oneshot will have a description of bullying, in addition to some strong language, if the reader does not feel comfortable reading about it, it is extremely understandable, considering that it is a sensitive topic. The reader was warned, thank you for your attention, enjoy the oneshot.

A/N: To better understand the oneshot it is recommended to read Volume 1 'Babysit".

Oc: Ace - cat yokai, adoptive sister of Misaki and Ye-Jun.

________________________________________________________

"Yeah... no no no problem... I'll just ask them... ok, see you next time." April spoke on the phone approaching the table where the turtles were.

"Who was?" Mikey asked, distracting himself from his mystic training.

"Misaki, she and Ye-Jun are going away and asked Donnie and I to babysit Ace again." April said in a half smile.

The last time Donnie and April took care of Ace she was around 9 years old, now she was probably 14 but it couldn't have changed much. April and Donnie were already in a great relationship, the first time the two took care of the yokai April was 19 and Donnie was 17 to 18 years old, and the second time he was in his 20s.

"Donnie will be delighted to know he's taking care of Ace again, I think she's the only kid he can tolerate around him." Leo said while playing cards with Raph.

"Just one question: who is Ace?" Raph asked.

"Do you remember the time we went to karaoke at Misaki and Ye-Jun's house, and we met her boyfriend and his partner?" Leo said, Raph nodded "And that there was a kid there who was wearing Axolotl pajamas?" He continued, Raph nodded again "That was Ace."

"And she's just adorable." Mikey completed smiling.

"Yeah." April said "Anyway I told Misaki I was going to ask Donnie what he thought since he's pretty busy." the brunette went to her boyfriend's laboratory.

Donnie always recognized April's manner, when she appeared in the door he dropped everything he was doing to greet his girlfriend.

"So what did Misaki want?" He said as she hugged him.

"She wanted to know if we could take care of Ace this Friday." She said, Donnie cracked a smile "Don't worry I already said no."

"You what?" He looked extremely confused.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding..." she laughed "I said I'd ask you." the brunette pulled away from the hug.

"As far as I'm concerned, we can take care of Ace." he said.

Ace was one of the few children that Donnie put up with, maybe because he identified a lot with her, maybe because she had some difficulties like him, or maybe because he saw himself a lot in her, even so he didn't mind taking care of her. In fact he grew to like it, hearing her talk about an interest of hers, or the fact that she sometimes gets excited about little things.

Donnie watched April call Misaki to confirm, he wasn't going to talk but he was actually excited. The last time he'd seen and talked to her was when he'd been babysitting her, and she'd asked her about string theory and how it applied to relativity theory, something Donnie was more than happy to explain and theorize with her. girl. She wasn't a super genius like Donnie, she just went after the things that interested her.