Unknown and forgotten

Oneshot Synopsis: Donnie disappears after a mission, something that leaves April and her brothers extremely worried, when he reappears he appears to be someone else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April paced back and forth, waiting for Donnie to respond to the messages she'd sent, it's been two weeks since he disappeared. And let's face it, you can't go to the police and say that your friend a huge mutant turtle has disappeared.

The last message read had been two weeks ago, his phone was on as he received April's new messages, she and her brothers tried calling him but no sign.

"He saw?" Mikey asked.

April shook her head, and Raph and Leo arrived from yet another patrol looking for him. It was already late, but April was waiting for her friend to return.

"April, already this afternoon, you have to go home." Raph said worriedly.

"No I have to stay here in case he comes back." She said holding the phone against her chest.

"We promise to call you if he shows up." Leo said with a tired and distressed tone "Better you well than without you April, we're already without Donnie, we can't lose anyone else."

April was against all possible protests on her part, the street was deserted, which made her walk more carefully, and faster. Usually she never looked up as she walked home. But that day she looked, and she saw something running across the rooftops, someone she knew very well. April followed underneath, waiting for someone to either stop or get off. April hoped it was just her head playing tricks from exhaustion from Donnie's searches.

But it wasn't, her brain never played tricks like that, when the figure stopped, in the light of the moon, April was able to identify who it was, it was Donnie! She climbed up the stairs on the side of the building as quickly as possible.

"Dee!" She called extending both arms towards him, which he deflected, strange, Donnie had never dodged a hug from April before. "Rude."

"Who are you and who is this Dee guy?" The soft-shell spoke pointing to the brunette with the stick in hand.

April looked devastated at him, he looked confused - feeling a little bad - but maintaining his composure. The girl shook her head slowly.

"Donnie if this is some kind of silly joke I swear I'll kill you." She said, but he continued in the same position "You don't know who I am..."

"Am I supposed to know who you are?" He asked seriously.

"Yes! Yes you should know who I am!" She said picking up the phone and looking for a picture of the two of them "See! I'm your best friend Donnie." She said with a sinking heart.

"How strange..." He said putting down the staff and taking the phone in his hand "That's me, but for some reason I don't remember you." the soft-shell handed the phone back to April.

April looked at the phone, trying not to cry, yes that was Donnie but he didn't remember her, which broke her heart. In that awkward moment, the two silently akward, Donnie scratched the back of his head.

"If you have anything else that might jog my memory, why not bring it tomorrow?" He suggested.

"Of course..." She said before asking "But where will I find her again?" She asked.

"On here?" He said, confused.

April's house was a long way away, so that would be a problem, she couldn't go there, but she couldn't leave Donnie.

"Why don't you come to my house?" April said, a little red.

"Where?" He spoke a little scared.

April just stared, it was clear she wasn't going to repeat it. Already ready to go down, she heard a 'wait', and turned around.

"I'll walk you home." He said going down together.

Donnie was curious, if the girl really knew him that would explain why she invited him to her house, but he didn't remember her. But how could he forget such a remarkable person, the brunette had a beautiful appearance, the skin was so beautiful, the hair that looked so soft and the eyes were big and expressive, how could he forget her? that didn't make sense.

When they arrived in front of the apartment complex, the soft-shell took courage.

"What's your name again?" He spoke nervously.

"April, April O'Neil." She said getting in before calling him back and saying "I'll leave the window open so you know which floor I'm on."

She closed the door, and Donnie went back on his way, until he reached Hippo's apartment.

- Donnie POV -

I walked into the apartment I shared with Hippo, that worm I refuse to learn her name, the two of them were sitting on the couch, and I heard Baron Draxum bard his foot irritably at them both.

I went to my room, knowing that yelling at them wouldn't do any good.

My brothers were kidnapped by that monster called the Splinter, and turned against our creator, the alchemist. I was looking for ways to convince that bunch of dumb dumbs that they were taken, and how to get rid of that rat.

I sat on the bed, if you could call it the same. And I tried to close my eyes, but every time I did I thought of the girl, April... what a memorable name.

I wanted to remember where, when and how I had met her, but I couldn't. I was trying to imagine how I met her, on the street? running away from the cursed mouse? or it was in a bookstore with a disguise? Something that was undeniable was that I knew her.

I waited most days for the window to be open, but it never was. Something that made me naturally nervous, obviously she would be freaked out by the way I treated her. 'Moron! moron!' I repeated in my mind, but something changed, one day I saw her open the window.

I waited for there to be no movement inside the apartment, I went to the windowsill, when I realized the girl - April - was looking at me, scared.

"Don!" She called me with a worried tone "Come soon, you might get hurt or worse someone see you!" that brunette pulled me inside.

I looked around, it was small, but still bigger than what I shared with Hippo and the worm whose name I refuse to memorize. She noticed my act.

"There is nobody here." She said walking into what I assumed was her room "My mom is on duty and my dad is out of town so it's just the two of us." She said bringing an album.

She gave it to me, it really was a photo album, I didn't open it at first, I kept looking at it, in my hands it was so small and in her hands so big.

"Only you and I knew about this album." She muttered, her face wearing a sad expression.

I opened it, and started flipping through the pages full of memoirs.

"Can you explain this one to me?" I said pointing to the first one.

She smiled and started to tell me a story.

---------------------------------------------------------

End of part 1.