RECOURSE! Pt. 03: Marriage? No-D'VOORZ! [Story No. 05]

I felt like a dart flying at top speed when Brakyr threw me. I honestly thought he'd break my ribs, but he surprisingly had a minor grip on them. Shit still hurt like hell though. I got so caught up in the pain, that I almost forgot I only had a split-second to activate my Fuego-Fists. I immediately did, despite zooming through the air and everything around me looking like a blurry, melting oil painting.

KWATHOOOOOM!

Just as I expected, Zuri threw a punch and struck me directly where I wanted her to, initiating the blast I was hoping for. We both go flying, but she ends up colliding with Doc Mordecai. I sustained a massive amount of damage, but it was worth it. She's out cold though, and her body has begun to revert to normal.

If I had to hazard a guess, then I'd say that Zuri wasn't brainwashed, just had an episode similar to roid rage, probably due to the blood taken from me which is running through her veins. I'm glad that we didn't have to actually do combat, as she probably would've stomped me flat. Literally. Not that I would have minded, of course, but now's not the time to indulge in my fantasies.

Back to Doc Mordecai though...

Zuri colliding with him didn't do any harm. He remained on his feet and didn't budge as her unconscious body slammed into his abdomen. These T'Karians are pretty resilient, so I can only imagine what type of power would be needed to put them down for good. If and when we get invaded, we're gonna need more than the Safeguards to properly deal with them.

Zuri lies limp at the doc's feet. He reaches downward and clutches her left arm, holding it between his index and thumb before quickly tossing her aside like a piece of trash. I watch her body tumble across the rugged battleground. If she was still a normal human, that throw would've killed her, if not left her horribly maimed and mangled. Kinda confused, since I'm simultaneously overjoyed and anxious that Mordecai's experiment was a success. There's no telling what's in store for us once he makes more like her.

Upon dusting himself off, the doctor wipes his hands as if handling Zuri was disgusting, then signals for the pink chick to step forward. Since I'm currently recovering, I can't defend myself. With any luck, maybe the Unbound Survival Impulse will reactivate and carry me away. Or, at the very least, Brakyr will jump in. I need some kind of bone thrown my way though, because my present status is cutting it close to death.

"Mr. Seagrave, I'd like to introduce you to your next opponent: Meerhanaag Beizageres, better known throughout the galaxy as D'Voorz," Mordecai starts, holding his arms in a pose similar to that Will Smith meme. D'Voorz begins walking towards me, but takes her sweet time as if she's the hottest alien woman alive and wants everyone to savor her appearance. "She hails from the planet Anfeezlar, and is an assassin, as well as a very wanted criminal. She's one of the finest in my employ. She als-"

"Wait, she's a WANTED CRIMINAL?!"

"Yes, Mr. Seagrave- SHE IS! Why are you so surprised? You didn't think I had a bunch of goody two-shoes around did you?" Mordecai snaps back, eventually erupting into riotous laughter.

"Well, no... I didn't think that. It's just, uh, she doesn't look very... criminal."

"I'll show you how much of a criminal I am!"

With that statement, D'Voorz stops lollygagging and rushes over to me, placing her big, dirty left foot on the right side of my face and grinding her coarse sole into my jaw, which pushes the other side of my face into the ground. I always wanted a cast of my face made, but not like this. I've also always wanted to be in this position, but preferably with Sinead. I swear, I can never get what I want!