The Holy Saint Part 7

The next morning, Julius was nowhere to be found. Not even his belongings—as scarce as they were—remained.

With growing concern, the witch rushed downstairs. Of course, she couldn't feel any presence. After reaching the entrance, she found out that the door was locked, but the key was no longer on its designated place.

Instead, the key was on the floor right before the door.

...So, he didn't forget to lock and slid the key through the gap under the door afterwards.

Until the very end, the knight templar remained a gentleman—

—towards that, the witch didn't know whether to laugh, or to cry.

Most importantly, I have to hurry and give him a chase!

***

Freyja was a town with population less than 500 people. As small as it sounded, it was a buzzing town, filled with life. Majority of the town consisted of a marketplace. The street was littered with food stalls and cafes.

The town also had another name—the Flower Town. With a magical forest nearby, plantation thrived in that town. It wasn't strange to see the white wall of someone's house being adorned with greeneries. Or that there were colorful flowers as far as the eye could see.

That morning, the sun was shining brightly, and the birds were chirping. The marketplace began to get crowded. Amidst that, the witch was on a rush.

Finding him wasn't hard.

"Ah, there he is!"

"Oh, so by 'tall, blond, man with an attitude' that's who you mean... When it comes to Knight Captain Visconti, I'm unsure of the last part..."

Near a supermarket built with red bricks, stood two figures. One was a limping old woman, while the other was the witch.

As for whom they were talking about—

—at the central town square, where a small blue fountain was splashing, stood a pair of man and woman. The man was none other than Julius, while the woman seemed to be his acquaintance of sorts. In contrast to Julius, who was in his full knightly attire, the woman was wearing a plain, white blouse, coupled with a red shirt. Her brown hair was tied up on the side of her face.

Both were carrying something. Julius, a bag of cherry tomatoes along with a bucket bag, the woman, a bag of baguettes. At a first glance, it seemed like a guard helping a civilian carry her shopping home.

However, both were wearing a silver cross. Julius wore it as an earring on his right ear, while the woman wore it as a hair accessory.

It wasn't just any kind of silver cross, though. The center of the cross was studded with a magical gem. Said gem would only glow a peculiar red when worn by a certain person.

Such was the insignia of the church. Because it was a mean of identification, it was mandatory to be worn at a place where it'd be visible.

As Julius walked alongside that woman, he could be seen flashing a smile every once in a while. A smile so gentle, it looked like the first ray of the sun.

The kind of smile he had never shown the witch.

"...That woman."

"Huh? You don't know her? She is Ms. Reina Sue, Knight Captain Visconti's second-in-command."

Ah. So, that woman was from the same party he tried to protect with his life. No wonder he looked so delighted when he was with her. It wouldn't be strange to assume that the two were exchanging jokes along the way.