Prologue 3: A Needed Encounter

Aubrey POV:

Surprising to find out it's only 1:37 pm, this morning felt long; then again I did go to a funeral. It's still cloudy with no rain. The other people are having time outside while they still can. I've never really took the time to notice the other kids who live here since I've always hung out with the others by the lake and in the treehouse. A taller girl with long, messy hair; a kid with hair nearly covering his eyes; a girl with glasses and shorter hair; a more nicely dressed guy playing with the glasses girl; and some kid with darker curly hair. There's also some twin looking kids watching the kid the long hair, a girl painting a rather professional looking painting of the scenery, and some kid with fancy looking hair sitting on a bench.

Interesting.

No one's in the little cat hut, I'll go sit in there and people watch.

├┬┴┬┴ TIME SKIP🤯 ┬┴┬┴┤

Did I fall asleep? It's now raining and it sorta seems darker, 6:00 maybe? It looks like the other people have left to go ho- HOLY CRAP.

A good reaction to finding someone by you when you wake up thinking you're alone.

Ah- it's just the girl with the glasses-

"Oh cool you're awake! You fell asleep a bit before the rain started- I tried waking you up when the rain actually started but you were already deep into your sleep by then. I decided to keep you company until you woke up."

Must be due to having to block out my parents in my sleep.

"Do you have a jacket at all? Do you want me to walk you home? Wait I should ask you if you're okay. Are you okay?"

She's kinda talkative... At least it's not like Kel's non-stop babbling. I might as well reply.

"I'm okay, and no I don't have a jacket. Also who are you?"

"Oh my name is Kimberly, but I prefer if people call me Kim!"

The name Kim fits her more than Kimberly not gonna lie.

"Thats cool- I'm Aubrey."

"Aubs, got it! So like, where are your friends that you're always hanging out with?"

Aubs? Is that some nickname?

"They're all- busy-"

"I see! Do you want me to walk you home? It's raining kinda hard... "

"No it's okay- I wanna stay out for a bit longer."

Knowing my parents, they're likely still fighting. They don't care where I'm at or what I'm doing when they argue, so I can likely just stay out till my curfew.

"Okay! Do you mind if i still stay here and keep you company? I just wanna make sure you're okay!"

She's insistant on keeping me company, she reminds me of Mari in some odd way.

"Sure, I'd like that!"

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Author's note ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Again, I absolutely suck ass at writing, but I hope someone can look past it. Also I'm so so so sorry if the dialog seems messy, it's a back and fourth format cause those are easy for me to read! Also finally we have gotten past more of a prologue in some sort of way! Huge time skip between this chapter and the next-