Nearly 4 years passed by in a flash

I introduce to you... Character indicators (I refuse to do the whole " "__" they said " thing)
Kim=☻
Me (Aubrey)=✮
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̽‿̩͙‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̽‿̩͙‿̩͙‿̩̩̽‿̩͙‿̩͙‿̩̩̽‿̩͙‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̽‿̩͙'⸊ˎ

Aubrey POV:

February 18, 1996.

Holy shit, it's been over 3 years since I've written in this journal. Feels kinda cheesy to write that though. A fuck ton has happened to me since the last entry. It's funny, that last entry was written the day I met Kim, we are inseparable now. We spend a lot of time together, normally staying out past our curfews, having sleepovers at whatever parents house they are at every weekend, being rude to people who deserve it, and all just because dad left and that lady who calls herself my "mom" couldn't give a shit about me. The entirety of Kim's family feels like my family in a way. Kim's parents are more kind and easy on me than either my mom or dad could ever have wish to been, and Vance honestly treats me like he treats Kim. It's nice to have a sort of home to go to that doesn't reek of cigarettes and alcohol and is actually well taken care of. It is kind of scary how many bonsai trees there are in Kim's mom's place, but the house smells amazing and matches Maura's personality. I wouldn't say I think of Kim as a sister though, I don't feel like that's how our relation ship is, but just calling us friends or best friends doesn't feel right either... whatever, we are best friends no matter how you look at it really.

∘₊✧────────────────────────✧₊∘

Why the hell would I not want to call us best friends? It's what we are, why doesn't it sound right though. It's like yesterday I was fine calling her my best friend, but all of the sudden when I start thinking about it, it feels wrong. What's wrong with calling someone your best friend all of the sudden, huh Aubrey? God the more I think about this, the more and more I feel like-

☻ "Hey Aubs!"

✮ "HOLY SHIT-"

☻ "Ah- crap sorry lemme help you up, I didn't think scaring you would make you fall off your bed-"

• • •

☻ "You okay aubs? I'm so sorry!"

✮ "I'm okay Kim, don't worry! I'm likely just gonna be a bit sore"

☻ "Okay... well do you wanna hangout?"

✮ "Why bother even asking? The answer is always yes plus you're already here."

☻"Well then what do you want to do?"

Kim and I never hangout here at my house. When I can, I try to get out of the house so I don't have to be in the same house as that lady.

✮"We should go to the park."

≻─────────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────────≺

I find the lakeside more relaxing and peaceful than most places. It's likely due to the fact that I have I good memories here, both from the past and present.

☻"I hate that they plan on using this area for construction soon. It's such a pretty lake!"

✮ "No kidding, plus there's so many good memories people have made here..."

☻"like that one time Angel bumped into me when I was standing on the dock while trying to text my parents and I dropped my phone in the lake?"

✮ "Okay listen that was actually funny to see you dive in for it even though you knew there was no chance of saving that thing."

☻"pffft- I wonder if it's at the bottom of the lake or not-"

✮ "I dare you to jump in and try to find it!"

☻"Nuh-uh! That would be absolutely freezing. Where would I even put my glasses?"

✮ "I'd hold em' for you"

☻"Still too cold"

✮ "Whatever you say you dork, we'll just look for it in the summer"

✮ "Do you think I can stay over tonight again?"

☻"Aubrey you don't even have to ask at this point, both of my parents gladly welcome you into their homes. "

Me and Kim having sleep overs is a regular thing. Regular enough that at both of their houses, there's a place for Bun-Bun. They're both in the back yard but the pens are big enough for him to run around and Kim's dad has helped us build the hutches.

✮ "Well okay then-"

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*:..*:..。o○ Author's Note ○o。..:*..:*Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Guess who's back sillies. Sorry for randomly stopping on writing this I was busy with shit like cosplay and conventions and school and procrastination and Zelda. I read over this, cringed, then rewrote and fixed some shit.