0.4

Part One; Chapter Four

—The Potters

"It's odd seeing him," Natalie spoke to McGonagall as they walked down the corridor. "He looks identical to James when he was his age."

"Let's just hope that the troublemaking didn't pass on. I can already tell it has to your daughter," said Minerva with a knowing grin that caused Natalie to chuckle. "Have a good class."

The two parted ways when they reached the transfiguration classroom while Natalie continued walking down the corridors towards the potions room. She made it there to see Severus Snape hunched over a desk, muttering to himself.

"I told you," she said simply and leaned against the doorframe, smiling when Severus spun around on his heel. "I told you that you would be a great potions master."

"Nattie," Severus said with a genuine smile and walked to the woman, bringing her into a hug. Despite him not getting along with the rest of the Marauders, he had remained friends with Natalie throughout the years. She was the only one to see that he was truly apologetic for what had happened in school. He pulled away and held her at arms length, his eyes twinkling happily. "I see you finally tamed that unruly hair of yours."

Natalie rolled her eyes and stepped back, tugging on his hair slightly. "Oh hush, Sev," she laughed, grinning when he glared at her. "I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm helping out with Care of Magical Creatures today and I don't want to be late."

"Care to join me after classes this evening? We could catch up at our old spot?" Severus asked, dark eyes watching as Natalie made her way back to the door. "We can skip the feast and pop into the kitchens for some food and bring it with us?"

"Sounds like a great time to me," the brunette said brightly, a smile stretched across her face. "I'll meet you there." She placed a quick peck to his cheek before waving over her shoulder at the man and retreating from his classroom. She could only pray he wouldn't be too harsh on Harry.

~~~~~~~

Care of Magical Creatures went off without a hitch that day save for a minor incident with some fifth year Slytherins and a niffler who had its eyes set on their rings. By the time classes were almost over, Professor Kettleburn had deemed it alright for Natalie to go ahead and leave, stating that he would wrap things up. Natalie didn't complain.

Her nose was wrinkled in annoyance as she made her way inside the castle and down to the potions classroom. It wasn't that she didn't like Silvanus, it was just the two of them had very different methods of teaching.

She walked into the classroom, her dark robes flowing behind her as she made her way towards Snape where he was glowering at the text book. She leaned her head on his shoulder, peering down at the textbook as well, ignoring the small whispers that had started. "I don't understand why you're teaching them this," she mumbled in confusion, staring down at the text. "Why can't you just deviate from the book? You're the only reason I passed potions back in school and I know for a fact you had come up with your own method of how to do these." She waved her hand at the words printed in the book.

She grinned as Severus just shot her a look, stepping away from her. "Silvanus already let you go?" he questioned, glancing to an hourglass on his table. At her nod, he gave a small hum in thought before facing her fully. "Could you manage them? I have a meeting with Albus that I can go ahead and knock out if you don't mind watching them."

Natalie waved her hand, her lips curving up into a smirk. "Is Professor Snape, the prince of potions, asking a lowly Gryffindor like me, to take care of his potions class?" Her grin had grown wider the more she spoke, laughing at the annoyed look her friend gave her. "I think I can manage," she said seriously, her lips still curved up in amusement.