Why?

Seungmin POV:

"A-are you for real?!" I yelled, incredibly excited.

"Yes. You're finally free. But you still have to be extra careful of yourself. I've already informed your mother of the thing's you need to do and avoid to keep care of yourself." The nurse explained to me.

All I could do was nod joyfully and smile.

"Thank you so much!" I said as the nurse walked out of my room.

I immediately called Chan to let him know the news, and telling him to come over. And right after, I called Changbin.

'I can't wait to tell him the news!!' I thought, anxiously waiting for him to answer the phone.

As soon as the call started, I spoke. "Binne-ah you'll never believe it!! I'm finally cancer free, I'm cured! We can finally be together!!" I excitedly yelled.

I was brought to confusion when I heard soft sobs. Not joyful sobs, but sad sobs. "Hyung? What's wrong?" I asked, extremely concerned.

"Uhm..is this Seungmin?" the person on the other end of the line asked.

'That's not Changbin..' I thought. "Yes, it is. Who's this?"

"I'm Changbin's mother..he uhm.." she paused.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Changbin passed away this morning."

My heart dropped. 'This can't be..'

"I'm sorry he didn't tell you, but he had cancer as well. He lied about being in the hospital to see me because he didn't want you to know. I'm so sorry, sweetie. I uhm..I have something he left for you. I'll stop by your room." And with that, she hung up.

I broke down into tears. 'Why did this have to happen? Why? Why didn't he tell me? Why?' is all I thought.

I painfully sobbed, bringing my knees up to my chest.

Why..?