I'm guessing you're new then,

Y/N had stepped out of her car, a paper bag in hand. Hermione left her lunch, which was kind of new. Thankfully it was the summer and Y/N wasn't at Hogwarts.

So here she was being the amazing wife she is, the elevator to the Ministry of Magic descending to make the lobby visible. People were already familiar with her being the wife of the Minister and all. She doesn't write her name at the front desk like the rest of the visitors do, it was routine.

But when an aghast yell called her by the outfit she was wearing, "Hey you! Lady with the brown coat and pajamas underneath!" She found herself confused.

The lady at the front desk was beckoning her over. She speed walked to where she was, looking around with furrowed brows. "Do you mind not announcing my lazy wardrobe to the entire Ministry?" she huffed. "You could've just called my name or something honestly!"

"My apologies Ma'am but you are the one who almost broke the rule. You're required to identify yourself before proceeding, and when attending a formal meeting, which for obvious reasons you are here for, are required to be wearing formal attires. So if you don't mind," the front desk lady pushed the clipboard with all the other visitor's names to her. "And I would like to request you to change,"

Y/N's eyes widened, and her jaw dropped. Shaking her head with a chuckle she said, "Okay there's been a misunderstanding. I'm guessing you're new here, are you not?"

"Relatively speaking, yes I am."

The professor nodded her head, sighing in relief. "Okay great that explains everything then. You see, I don't write my name on your records."

Now it was the lady's turn to look so bewildered. "But no! I am not a crook or anything. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Y/N M/N L/N-Granger. I totally get the misunderstanding though. But the minister of magic's my wife and since she's terribly busy she tends to forget things, hence why I am here—" she held up the paper bag she was holding and lightly shook it for emphasis.

"— Now that we've cleared things up, I'll be on my way."

She beamed with a great smile of satisfaction, and was about to take another step forward when a laugh left the front desk lady's colored lips.

Her head swiveled with a now strained smile, "I beg your pardon?"

The lady wiped the tears that built-up due to laughter. "I'm sorry but that was just hilarious, did you really expect me to fall for such a simple trick like that?" she laughed again. "Honestly that was absurd, could've been more grand with the lie too but that was bloody entertaining."

Y/N was starting to get annoyed. "But I am—"

"Tsk-tsk, not another word please or else I'll be calling aurors to take you out by force."

"AURORS??"

"Indeed. Now I would like to ask you to leave before things escalate, ta-ta!"

Before she could successfully tuck the clip-board away Y/N yanked it out of her hands.

"Fine! You want me to write mine name then I'll write it! Simple as tha—" but the lady pulled it back from her almost immediately, her quill scraping a line to the bottom of the board from her incomplete signature.

"That ship has sailed you impostor! Now I know you have other plans in mind, pfft— pretending that you're the wife of the minister? Get a life!"

Y/N was about to retort but the lady had a follow-up, "Plus, I'm sure the minister would have better tastes than you," she narrowed her eyes.

The professor has had enough, she was fuming red with rage and she did her best to not explode in front of all the other people in the lobby.

"Get. Hermione. On the phone," she said through gritted teeth.