Chapter 1 'Mason'

Hope you love my new story mates!

Vote, Comment, and Enjoy!

Working late at night on a big case is one of the normal things in my life besides finding dead bodies in the crime scene. In the crime scene not on my lunch break.

Even if people want to get revenge on me for finding out that I exposed them to the public and sent them to jail for the rest of their lives.

It's life, they should get over it!

My eyes turn to my computer as it flashed me a message saying that I had 'one new mail'. I hovered over it deciding whether or not to check it. It's currently midnight and I'm still in my small office that is only filled with a desk and two black leather chairs in front of me. There are some plants in the corners as decoration but other than that nothing else. My desk does consist of one picture of me and my dad plus all the papers of my new case that is bugging the hell out of me.

I decide to click on the mail and as I do it opens up to show it's from the chief.

Hey, Mason! I just wanted to check up on you and see how that case was going? Please tell me you got some new insight on it because the locals are getting worried on whether it's a murdered they have to deal with or a really angry animal. Message me as soon as you can.'

-Chief Dallas

I sighed and began to type out that I wasn't sure yet and I would have to wait for autopsy of the bodies before we got anything going. The chief was right, this case is different. The thing ripped those poor human's throats out plus drank their blood but what the fuck does that?

Vampires, but they aren't real.

It could have been an animal attack but the problem is that their arms were tied together with barbed wire so they couldn't escape their attacker. Someone could have tied them then left them there and the blood scent attracted a very hungry wolf or bear that ripped their throat out and drank their blood?

'No! That's stupid!' I thought to myself as I ran a hand through my brown hair. I got the pictures of all the victims bodies taking a good hard look at them. That's when I noticed it, each of them had something carved in their wrist. I turned the picture over on one of them and saw that the wrist had an 'N' carved into it. I checked the other two and saw the same thing on them but they had different letters on them. The second one had an 'A' and the third had an 'M'.

What the fuck are these supposed to mean? I let out a groan before looking and thinking hard about it. It could make a secret code or word but who's to say that there won't be more victims to finish it?

I turned to my computer and decided to write my new information to the chief as well as sending him the pictures.

This means that we are defiantly working with a murderer or a serial killer but this one is trying to send some kind of message. What it is? I have no clue. My eyes flickered to my camera when I noticed that it was on but as soon as I did, I turned them away.

Someone was watching me.

I pretended not to notice and kept doing my normal routine that consisted of reorganizing my paper work but at the same time I still tried to see if the camera was still on.

If the person watching me hacked onto my laptop that means he could hack into the chief's and anywhere else in the station. That's not good, especially if this guy is somehow connected to the murders. I mean, I'm getting watched at the same time that the killing's happened what kind of coincidence is that?

"Hey Mason!!!" someone screamed making me flinch from how loud they were, plus the fact that someone was watching me and I thought that they might be the person.