Chapter 4 'Tattoo'

Vote, Comment, and Enjoy!

I quickly duck under the car, my hands grabbing my gun while Vladimir follows after me his eyes scanning the streets that's when we see cops come out of the station with guns in their hands. They scan the area just like me and Vladimir but we don't see anything.

'That's really weird.' I say in my head just as a car swerves towards us. Vladimir curses and takes my hand pulling me out of the way. Just in time too, cause the car hits my car straight ahead. I cover myself as shards of glass go all over the place when I know it's safe I uncover myself and look to my right to see Vladimir looking at the car that just crashed into my car.

I ignore the pain of my baby before running towards the car seeing four people inside but what I find makes me gasp in shock. "They're dead." I say out loud. The impact wasn't enough to kill them but what did kill them was each of the bullets in their forehead. "They were killed that was the gunshots that we heard." I said.

Vladimir got next to me, "You okay?" he asked me. I nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. I've seen stuff like this before." I assured him. Even as I said that my heart was breaking as I saw my car that was now broken and bended, glass all over the ground. I really hoped they could fix it but from the looks of it, they couldn't. I care about the people too, I mean they had their whole lives planned out and now they're dead.

"Mason!" I turned around to see my dad running over to where me and Vladimir where. "Papi!" I yelled back. His face had turned into relief as he saw me, "You're fine." I chuckled nodded, "Yes, papi. The car isn't though..." I told him, my voice sad and quiet.

Vladimir noticed, "It's alright. I'm sure your dad doesn't mind as long as your alive." I could see he was trying to make me feel better. My dad nodded at what Vladimir said, "Exactly, I care about you. We can see more cars this weekend for now we have to see what care you can use. And who's this?" He asked me motioning to Vladimir.

Vladimir smiled at my dad, "Vladimir sir, I'm a detective from the FBI. I just got transferred here, your son is a good friend of my brothers and is letting me stay at his home while I get settled in." He explained perfectly. I would believe him if I didn't already know the truth.

I nodded at my dad, "Yep papi, he pretty much explained it." My dad nodded, "Oh well, nice to meet you detective. Are you helping my son with his case? Or has he not told you." I gave my dad a look but Vladimir chuckled, "He's told me about it and yes I'm trying to help him." My dad smiled, "That's good well we better find out who killed these people and why. That's your case son." My dad said as he walked towards the patrol station.

I grumbled under my breath, "What? But I already have one papi!" My dad turned back to us, "I gave it to Levi, now deal with this one." He told me. I grumbled but nodded.

So empty and pale. Me and Vladimir were currently at the hospital seeing if we can see why someone would want to kill these people. I got out my camera and took pictures of the body. They all seemed to be going to a party or something from what I see, they're dressed in fancy clothes.

Expensive.

I then noticed that in one of the victims there was a tattoo on his neck. Could be another case that Chaos is giving me? I look closely at the tattoo, it seemed to be in a different language. "Hey Vlad?" I spoke up making Vladimir look at me, "Yeah?" I motioned him to come over where I was which he did then I pointed at the tattoo. "You know what that means?" Vladimir's blue eyes looked at the tattoo closely then he nodded, "Hatred." he answered.

Hatred? What does that have to do with anything. I went over to the next victim, this one was a girl and she had a different tattoo but in the same place. "This one?" I asked Vladimir. "Fear." he answered slowly. I bit my lip before going to the next victim and again a different tattoo but different word, "Forgiveness." Vladimir answered already catching the drift. I walked slowly to the last victim. I took a deep breath and pointed to the last tattoo, "Love."

Love?

Me and Vladimir looked at each other in confusion. "This isn't a coincidence." I told him. That's when I noticed that there was still redness around the last victims tattoo. I narrowed my eyes on it before going to the other victims and seeing that they looked pretty new. This could have been just a day ago.

"Did you get something?" Vladimir asked me. I nodded, "The tattoos are pretty much new which means they just got them done or someone told them too." Vladimir cocked an eyebrow, "What do you mean someone told them too?" I looked at him Vladimir with determination, "Chaos told me that he has cases for me. I solved the first one so that means this could be the next one. I mean it's no coincidence and then the words. If this could bring me to the answers I need, I'm going to take it." Vladimir smirked and put an arm over my shoulder.

"Well then, let's get started then. What's the nearest tattoo parlor here?" he asked me. I pulled out my phone and typed in tattoo parlors near us. There were only three. "Well there's three so we just have to check all three of them to see if they saw any of the victims there." "Let's get started then." Vladimir said and then we were on our way to all the tattoo parlors.

"This is impossible." I groaned as we walked back to my cop car that I now had to use because my car was getting fixed or I hoped it was. We had gone to all three tattoo parlors and none of them had seen the victims. They just got them done though and their files said they had lived here for the last year so what the hell?!

"Calm down. You got this Mason we just got to think." Vladimir told me as we entered the car. I sighed and gripped the wheel but that's when it came to me. I got my camera out and looked at the pictures of the tattoos. "That's it!!" I screamed before running towards the tattoo parlor we just came from, Vladimir following after me. I went to the girl in the desk making her look up at me in surprise.

"Um, yes?" She asked nervously. I smiled then showed her the picture, "Is this professionally done?" I asked her. She looked at the picture twisting it around every so often. She shook her head handing me back the camera, "No, it almost looks like it was but no. Around the edges you can see that they were having trouble which someone that knew how to do tattoos would not." she explained making me nod.

"Thank you so much." I told her before walking out of the parlor. Vladimir followed after me looking confused, "Please tell me exactly what's happening because you just screaming something and running out of the car freaked me out." he said. I laughed getting in the car once again. "Sorry, but I found out why we hadn't found anything." I told him. Vladimir cocked his head, "Please continue." I smiled triumphantly. "The tattoos weren't professionally done which means that someone with the material had done it on them or they did on themselves."

Vladimir nodded, "So, how does that help us?" I shrugged, "It means were going to have to dig just a little deeper to find the secrets that we want too. Plus, now that I think about those tattoos' probably mean something." I confessed. Vladimir nodded, "You think my brother might have something to with it. You said that my brother had cases set up for you so maybe those words lead up to it?" He guessed.

I thought about what he said. Maybe but how do these people lead up to answering my questions. He killed the five innocent people just to slash their wrist so I could figure out it was my name. How about if these people were just more innocent people that he was killing to fulfill his purpose. If so the first time he left letters, this time he left the tattoos. Or did he? The friends could have done it but then again, Chaos wasn't playing.

UGH! I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. "Hey, calm down. That thick skull and this handsome skull will crack it together, okay?" Vladimir's voice assured me. I smiled at him. "Thanks."