xvii, the paddock missed you.

DESPITE the heavy encouragement from pierre, her friends and even her brother; teyjah still didn't speak to richarlison. her ego was way too large, and she didn't want to put her pride aside. on top of that, he should reach out to her.

after spending another week of pierre's break with him in paris, she went home to london. the first thing teyjah decided to do was go see family and give her mother the flowers bought by her ex-boyfriend. she even went as far as to spending time with extended family, organising a large dinner for her entire toney family clan.

teyjah loved being surrounded by her family, and knew that she would miss them once she left. her heart ached at the thought of leaving them.

dejan had reached out, practically spamming her in their newly created groupchat. they all arranged to have a sleepover with teyjah at her home. almost all players and their girlfriends joined - except for richarlison and a few others that couldn't find anyone to look after their kids.

the duration of the sleepover consisted of rodrigo arguing with dejan about player ratings - and sergio somehow losing to marta at fifa. no one spoke about richarlison and alianna, it was almost like they didn't exist.

she had to admit, however, teyjah felt terrible that she more or less stole richarlison's friends. she still thought that he should've been invited to their party, but rodrigo quickly put an end to those thoughts once he explained what happened while she was in france.

richarlison and alianna became official.

that was, effectively, the breaking point for her. the push that more or less destroyed the rest of the domino's in the sequence. they only knew each other for two months but when teyjah fell, she fell hard. pierre could vouch for her.

it was obvious that richarlison fell hard too - well, that's what she thought anyways. almost everyone could see his feelings for her, his teammates especially. teyjah now assumed that he was just an amazing actor.

so after saying her goodbye's to all of the tottenham players and their girlfriends (and secretly promising she'll cheer them on tomorrow) she ran upstairs to pack enough clothes to last her for the next six months, as well as to quickly book a flight from her macbook.

the next morning, she traveled to the tottenham hotspur stadium, clad in her brentford jersey with her family name on the back. she made her way to the friends and family section of the stadium, deciding to pass time by speaking to a few of the wags.

the game was pretty average up until janelt scored in the thirteenth minute. she jumped up in shock, happy for the german. that was all for the first half, with a couple yellow cards.

as teyjah hummed along to ladbrook grove during halftime, she scanned the pitch absentmindedly. she wasn't looking for anyone in particular, maybe dejan so she could wave subtly. instead, though, she locked eyes with someone else. the one man she didn't want to see. just her luck.

his eyes caught her's as he received a pass from dane scarlett during their half time warmup. he smiled towards her - hopeful for something, anything, in return. but all he saw was the back of her head as she turned away, walking down the steps back towards the tunnel club.

fifty-four minutes in, her baby brother scored. she jumped up, ecstatic at the feeling of her brother putting the ball into the back of the net. however, somewhere deep inside her felt terrible for her brother's opponents - especially hugo. he hadn't been in the best form lately and she could sense how hard it was hitting him mentally.

the buzz from the bees lasted about twenty minutes before kane (of course) headered the ball behind raya from inside the box. that somehow spurred the hosts on more as pierre-emile højbjerg scored the equaliser from just outside the box. the goal was outstanding, she had to admit.

the final score was 2-2, and teyjah was happy they managed to salvage one point at least. she hugged her brother as he came over, grovelling at their 'loss'. she consoled him, telling him the usual about moving foward and putting this one game behind him.

a few feet away, she saw richarlison hugging some blonde girl. she could faintly hear her praising him for how well he played. she scoffed at her voice, knowing that he only played for about five minutes so no one could really analyse how well he played.

three hours later, teyjah was standing at the gate, waiting to board her flight. the impulsive decision to leave wasn't really a smart one, but teyjah needed a change. she was getting bored of london and wanted to go somewhere different - but there wasn't really anywhere to go. so, she ultimately decided to go back to her favourite place.

pear🤍

let me know when you
land, okay? lui and lily
are gonna pick you up 🤍

okayy, i'm
boarding now so i
shouldn't be too long

greattt

are you sure you want
to go through with this?

well i can't turn back now

but yes, i need something
different anyways. and i
miss travelling the world

well, i'm happy you decided to
come back, teyjah. the paddock
missed you.
DELIVERED.

⎯  notes!
that's the end of richi and teyjah's story :(

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑶𝑩𝑺𝑬𝑺𝑺𝑬𝑫 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 𝒀𝑶𝑼, richarlison 🎉