28: The Truth.

Sohee didn't feel like going to school and facing Chenle or Renjun, but she couldn't skip more classes if she wanted to keep her good grades and opinion from the teachers

Math was the first class of the day and no matter how badly she wanted to avoid the two boys, she knew it was impossible. What she could've done was limiting the chances of talking with them at any cause, and so she did.

She was one of the very first students who arrived in the classroom and traded desks with one girl who obviously had a crush on Renjun, so she agreed without a second thought.

Chenle and Jaemin came a little later. Jaemin sent the girl a smile when their eyes met, yet the pink haired boy looked at her with sad eyes. He noticed she had changed her seat and furrowed his eyebrows.

Renjun came next. He stopped for a second when he noticed Sohee sitting somewhere else with someone else. His face dropped as he wondered what happened, but he realized that she must've felt awkward after his confession, so he quickly brushed it off. His eyes caught Chenle's and he only sighed, getting into his desk.

Sohee tried to avoid Renjun's gaze at all costs so she faced her friend the whole time, changing subjects like crazy just to keep the conversation going. She suddenly saw a shadow and felt as if someone was behind her.

"Can we talk?"

She clenched her jaw and turned around. "The class is about to start."

Chenle rubbed the back on his head. "After class, then?"

"I don't think there's anything to talk about." she turned back around to her friend.

When he was about to say more, the teacher came into the classroom and ordered the boy to get back to his seat.

Renjun turned around to look back at Sohee and either she wanted it or not, she couldn't escape his gaze. He smiled at her softly and waved and so she sent him a smile back.

Once the bell rang, she packed her things as quickly as she could, wanting to run away. As she rushed, she bumped into Renjun. Of course.

"Woah, woah." he grabbed her by the arms. "You ok?"

"Yes, sorry."

"Can we-" Renjun got quiet when Sohee suddenly ran away. He furrowed his brows but chuckled right after, thinking about how cute she was.

Sohee avoided the boys all day and thought she succeeded, until someone pulled her by the arm and trapped her in between theirs. "What don't you understand?"

Chenle smirked. "You used to like it."

"Exactly, used to." she pushed him.

"I'm sorry, I'm not the best with apologies."

"Clearly." she pushed him again and wanted to walk away, but Chenle wouldn't give up.

"Please, hear me out." he held onto her wrist.

"I really don't want to be doing this at school. Besides, there's nothing you can do, I saw the picture, Chenle."

"It's a misunderstanding, you have to believe me." he stared at her with puppy eyes, making him look soft and harmless.

"Beating up Renjun for no good reason was a misunderstanding too?"

He sighed. "He's a part of the truth that I want to tell you."

She raised her brows. "Huh?"

"Him and Yeondu had this crazy plan to seduce us. I don't know the details but he admitted it himself."

Sohee burst out laughing. "I think you watch too many movies."

"It's true! You can ask him yourself."

"I'm not doing this right now, Chenle. I'm going to eat with Haeri and I don't want to think about any of this, so please, leave me alone."

The boy felt his eyes watering as he noticed the way she looked at him changed. He didn't see love or trust and he didn't know what to do to change things back to how it was. All he could think about was that he knew he needed to prove his side of the story.

 All he could think about was that he knew he needed to prove his side of the story