Chapter 1: Meeting Rimuru

When the young child wakes up, she has a sudden urge of excitement going through her veins and can't help smiling while she goes for her morning hunt. She has finished hunting an Armorsaurus and is skipping back when she hears something hit Veldora's cage. In one second, she uses her magic sense with her dragon eyesight to see a slime bump into the cage and almost fall to the ground, but the young adult drops her prize then runs as fast as the wind and slides to catch the slime in her arms against her medium-sized chest.

            "I'm pretty sure I hit that wall, but I don't feel any pain." The slime thinks as he wonders what caught him.

            "Answer: because you have acquired Pain Nullification, you will not feel pain. The physical damage you have taken is ten percent." A voice inside the slime's head explains while continuing. "Species skill: Self Regeneration has been activated."

            "I guess I should be more careful."

            "Are you all right Mr. Slime?" The young adult sits down with her legs folded underneath her while she sets the slime down.

            He looks towards the voice behind him. "Is she from Japan? She sits in the seiza style. She emits a bright blue aura with pale-blue glowing eyes." Before the blushing slime can say anything, it hears a booming voice from where he was previously looking.

            "Can you hear me, small one?" The slime jumps at the unexpected voice while the dragon child looks on and listens. "Hey! I know you can hear me!" The child sees the slime look from side to side to know where the voice came from. It looks in front of it and sees a black shape with glowing circles. "Answer me." The slime seems to want to talk but doesn't know how to.

            The young hybrid let out a small smile then says, "Uncle, let me talk to it." Veldora nods and watches the two. "Mr. Slime, can you hear me?" The slime hears her voice and nods. "Do you know how to talk?" The slime looks down in disappointment and shakes his head. "Concentrate on what you want to say and force it out."

            The slime tries to focus on what he wants to say for several minutes before Veldora shouts, "Hey! Say something!"

            "Just shut up already, baldy!" The slime shouts in annoyance causing the young adult to chuckle and the dragon to have an amused smirk.

            "Oh? You called me a baldy, eh? I see you have guts." The dragon narrows his glowing eyes at the slime.

            "Uh..." The slime flinches back at his mistake while the figure in front of it leans back and stretches loudly. The cave trembles at the figures roar before Veldora begins talking.

            "I was trying to be nice since we haven't had a visitor in so long, but you seem to have a death wish." The dark-blue dragon retorts with a bit of intimidation. The young adult rolls her eyes at her uncle's empty threat. She stands up getting the panicking slime's attention.

            "Are you leaving me here?!" The young adult turns around to address the trembling slime.

            "I need to get my lunch. I dropped it when I heard you hit the cage. I promise I'll come back." The young adult gives a soft smile before leaving the two boys. When the dark-blue haired hybrid left the boys, Veldora turns his attention to the trembling slime before him.

            The slime does a bowing motion while saying, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I had no idea you could hear my thoughts! I don't have a mouth or even eyes, you see..." The blue blob hears a heartfelt laugh coming from the black shape.