Chapter 10

Michelangelo walked into his bedroom. He smiled and scratched Klunk's belly, enjoying how she stretched out before his baby even opened her eyes.

"Hey, Klunk ready for a trip? You get to go and stay with Angel while I'm away, won't that be fun?" he asked

Klunk arched into his hands purring even louder and Mikey smiled. He was going to leave Klunk with April and Casey, but they were up in Northampton, so they were out of the question. He had asked Leo what he should do and Leo had suggested Angel, who, with some studying help from Donatello, had been accepted at NYU. She had her own place and when Mikey had called her, she gladly agreed to take care of Klunk while they were gone.

This wasn't going to be like any of their other trips; this one they were planning for, and hopefully nothing would go wrong. Mikey was happy to have someone actually look after Klunk. In the past she had been left to her own devises and he had come home to find that she had gotten really fat because she would get in to the food and eat as much as she would like. He wanted her to have someone to take care of her while he was going to be gone.

Mikey got up and started to gather Klunk's stuff. He got down on the floor and started pushing stuff around under his bed looking for Klunk's favorite toys. "Maybe Leo's right, and I do need to clean my room," he murmured to himself as he tossed an old pizza crust behind him.

Raph, passing by Mikey's room on the way from the bathroom, grinned at the sight of Mikey half under his bed mumbling about cleaning.

"Hey Mikey!" he yelled. Mikey jumped, hitting his head on the underside of his bed.

"Ow! Why did you yell like that, Raph?" he whined

"To get your attention," Raph smiled, "Whatcha doin'?"

Mikey stood up rubbing his head, "I'm looking for Klunk's mouse, have you seen it?"

"Yeah I saw it."

"You have? Great! Where?"

'I don't know... what's in it for me?"

"Raph, come on," Mikey whined, "Just tell me!"

"Only if you promise not to tease me about bugs again,"

"Yeah... I promise." Mikey crossed his fingers behind his back.

"Alright, Last I saw it; Klunk was dragging around the garage."

"You mean the garage that has lots of bugs?" Mikey teased

"Why you little twerp," Raph growled, lunging for him.

Mikey back flipped over his bed, and as Raph landed on it Mikey grabbed his shell and sprang across him and out of the room laughing. Raph pushed himself up and ran after him for a few steps. He debated going after him but he promised Don he would help him go and set the perimeter alarms before they left, so he left the chase and walked towards the dojo where he thought Leo was most likely to be. He stopped in front of the dojo and took in the scene.

Leo was there like he thought, but Tomas was there also and it looked like Leo was teaching Tomas the beginner katas. It was simple stuff and easy for someone like Raph who had been training his whole life. As Raph watched Leo help Tomas with a kick he finally started to understand why Leo was so close to Tomas. First, it looked like Tomas had a natural talent, and second, he was a mini Leo... same behavior... same logical approach to everything...same bravery. Raph had to hand it to the kid. He had a lot of guts coming all the way to New York. Leo finished with a bow and Tomas bowed back smiling at the praise Leo was giving him as they walked towards Raph.

"Are we ready to go," Leo asked Raph.

"Almost, Donny wants to check the camera in one of the tunnels and Mikey still has to take Klunk to Angel's but other than that were good to go"