when the love finally starts

SMALL CHAPTER

THERE IS FINALLY SOME PINING STARTING GUYS

ENEMIES PLOT HAS BEEN SET, NOW IS THE TIME FOR THE LOVERS PLOT

~~

"This better not be another one of your hook-ups." Alhaitham grumbled, making sure to speak loud so Kaveh could hear.

For some reason, at 7 in the morning, there was constant knocking at him and his roommates room. He blamed it all on Kaveh.

"They wouldn't come at 7!" Kaveh yelled, groaning as he too was tired.

"I'M COMING!" Alhaitham yelled, obvious anger in his voice as the knocking wouldn't stop.

He swung the door open, ready to yell at one of Kaveh's hookups coming to yell at him, or whoever the fuck was trying to prank them because no one would ever even dare to knock on his door this early in the morning-

"You better-" His yelling came to a stop when his eyes set on a familiar pair of eyes, and for a second, he forgot why he was mad.

"Last minute study? You were worried you wouldn't pass since you were so busy, so here we are!" He looked at the way you smiled cheekily, Cyno behind you also tired but awake enough to be carrying a whole box of donuts.

"We brought donuts so you won't get mad." He mumbled, obviously tired with how slow he talked.

Alhaitham wanted to yell- scream at you two to leave so he can get at least an extra 2 hours of sleep.

But looking at how happy you looked to be there, he didn't wanna disappoint.

Especially the fact you woke up this early just to help him pass and even brought Cyno- and everyone knows he hates being woken up- it made his heart beat a bit faster and swell.

Alhaitham closed the door behind him, carefully as to not bother anyone else in the apartment with a slam. "Not my dorm, Kaveh is trying to sleep and he's a tad bit grumpier than usual."

Of course, he'd love to bother Kaveh to the point he's furious with his face as red as a fire truck, but he was too tired for Kaveh's nonsense.

"You're not gonna change?"

He looked down at himself at your question, shaking his head. What? Sweatpants and no shirt wasn't bad- if anything it was very comfortable and since for some reason the apartment had major heat.

He didn't catch the way he saw your gaze possibly lingering on his chest.

The three of you all made your way towards your room just 3 doors down, being quick to set up the seating area so all chairs were near the table, all of your study notes laid out.

"What is the basis of the 1972 Supreme Court which declared capital punishment?" He watched the way your lips moved with the question, and he kept questioning why he was staring.

"Alhaitham?" He heard you call, snapping him out of it.

"Right, sorry- the uh, eighth amendment?"

"Yes!" The smile on your face made him automatically smile with no thought, immediately moving his hand up after you moved yours up and high-fived it.

The questions continued on for the next hour, all of you taking turns to question each other. Most of you got majority right with a bit wrong- especially Alhaitham, but he was thankful to have you explain and tell him the real answer and why.

"You guys are so louddd..." Xiao mumbled, making his way out of his room and to the seating area, stealing the donut you were about to take and sitting on a free chair.