the night of february 3rd,

this chapter is 8768 words bro I did GOOD

~~~

You glanced at your phone, looking at the large numbers that read out 6:58pm.

You were currently sitting on a bench out in the campus, the sun starting to set as students started to empty out, signalling classes were now ending.

The less people, the less of a chance you get caught sneaking into the top levels of the Akademiya.

It wasn't until half past 7, when the sun had now fully set, that the campus was fully empty; the only sound was crickets or bugs flying by.

You looked around, double checking that there was no one watching before you stood up, making your way into the Akademiya.

Of course you didn't check around thoroughly, seeing as Alhaitham was in the shadows, watching.

He knew it was bad but he was just really worried about you, and he needed to make sure nothing would happen to you.

He waited until he heard the click of the Akademiya doors closing until he quickly, but quietly, made his way into the building.

Ever since he saw you talking to Capitano, he just sort of felt the need to have to follow you.

What? He couldn't have you getting arrested now, especially during times like these. He was just trying to watch out for you.

You slowly made your way through the long halls of the Akademiya, into the library, until you stood in front of an elevator.

This was a special elevator; It looked normal, and can take you up to any level of the Akademiya, but is also a one way trip to the Grand Sage's Office if you have the right code.

You felt your heart drop when you realized you didn't even have the code.

"Fuck." You breathed out. You had planned this all out since your talk and you forgot to ask for a code?!

Maybe you could call Capitano? You did have his number now...

Sighing, you pulled out your phone, looking through your old messages to find Capitano's number.

"I can't believe I'm that stupid not to ask for the code." Your eyes lit up at the familiar number of Capitano and started to dial.

"Come on, Cap..." The ringing went on for a while as you started to tap your foot, facing the now open elevator doors.

It was only before the last ring when you felt a looming presence behind you, and with fear starting to etch into you, you slowly turned.

You yelped when you were suddenly pushed into the elevator the moment you turned, and at that moment, Capitano answered on the last ring.

"Hello?"

"Alhaitham?!" You whisper-yelled, trying to ignore the fact he pushed you against the wall inside of the elevator, and it closed immediately.

"Y/N? Name isn't Alhaitham, I think you dialled the wrong number sweets."

"Who is that?" Alhaitham asked, finally taking a step back to give you space.

"Who is that?"

"Is that Capitano?"

"Is that thé Alhaitham guy you mentioned?"

"I'll call you back." You whispered into the phone, breath quickening as you ended the call. Alhaitham was glaring at you, yet there was also a hint of concern.

Suddenly, you remembered his words. "wait, why'd you mention Capitano?"

His eyes widened when he realized his mistake, and he thought about lying, but that just wouldn't do the both of you any good. "I...I followed you that day you left. I saw you with Capitano and I immediately left."