Happy Families

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗

SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 1

"those kill, you know"

The Texas sun shine through the drapes that hung over the open window of the bedroom, covering spots of the carpet and poster-clad walls in its radiance. It was a warm day for the autumnal months but the smooth breeze ran rampant through the room, blowing the curtain slightly and running over the two twin girls who lay asleep; on opposite sides of the room due to how their beds were positioned.

The cool air passed through Paige Miller, tingles rush through her body as the cold caught her beneath her pink and white polka dot duvet. Her deep brown eyes fluttered open, shining a honey brown as the light hit her face. Scrunching up her nose, Paige ran a hand over her face to rid the sleep from her eyes as it slid up to her curly hair.

Glancing over at the alarm clock that had yet to go off, she caught a glimpse of her sister, the girl still huddled under the blankets. Paige huffed in annoyance, never having been a morning person, she was bitter about the extra sleep she could be getting right now. But without a second more to dwell, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and her feet hit the carpeted floor. Sluggishly, she ventured downstairs to the living room, where she made sure to pluck the strings on her father's guitar on the way past.

Having been the better cook of the family (because neither of the twins trusted their dad to cook them anything again after multiple incidents of salmonella), Paige began work on breakfast with the small amount of food they still had left in the fridge. They'd have to go grocery shopping soon.

Switching on the CD player that was next to the stove, Paige picked out the album that was hers, right next to Sarah's and Joel's and turned the dial up until she thought the sound was suitable, besides, it was only a matter of time before her dad came down grumbling and turned it down. Soon enough, the lyrics of Head Over Heels by The Go-Go's filled the kitchen. Bopping around, she hunted down the pancake mix, which was only futile as it seemed another thing was added to the shopping list.

Footsteps pulled Paige's attention away from the fridge, where her head was stuck inside trying to find the eggs. "What happened to pancakes?" Sarah asked her sister as she squeezed passed her to get the orange juice.