Outbreak Day

SPOILERS FOR EPISODE ONE

"drugs. we sell hard-core drugs."

Sarah and Paige finally make it back home, but on their last bus stop, Sarah realised she forgot to tell her sister that her father had made them promise to go over to see Mrs Adler earlier that day.

"Stop dragging your feet." Sarah snaps as she looks over her shoulder to see her sister much further behind and staring at their house just next door.

"Why do we have to go? We could just go home." Paige sighs, pulling her gaze away from the building and towards her sister who was staring at her with a blank expression.

Sarah stops walking, waiting for Paige to catch up, "because dad already said we would go, we can't back out now."

"But they smell like old ladies." Paige whines, linking arms with her sister, though she know it was only so Sarah would stop her from running.

The eldest twin scrunches her nose with a slight smile on her face, she did have to give Paige that, it did smell like old ladies. Knocking on the door, it was open within an instant and Connie Adler beamed down at the twins, she was a nice lady, despite the stench of dusty perfume already hitting Paige right in the face.

"I was getting worried." She says as she ushered the pair inside her abode.

"We were getting something for our dad." Sarah replies, stopping inside the hallway.

Paige kneels down on the carpet as the border collie runs over for a fuss off of her, "hey, Mercy." She greets with a fond grin, scratching under the dogs ear.

"Hey, is everything okay? Like on the news?" Sarah asks, also petting Mercy on his back.

Mrs Adler walks towards her kitchen that was seperate with doors that were straight out of an old Western saloon, "like what, hun?"

"Well, there was just a lot of police and stuff on the road today."

The older woman stops and turns around, "well that's true every day, isn't it? People there need to get right with Jesus. Three nails plus one cross equals four given." She heads over to the oven, "I was thinking we could make some cookies."

"Chocolate chip?" Paige asks hopefully, leaning forward on the kitchen isle.

"Raisen." The younger girl turned back around to her sister at this, her teeth gritted.