Imagine Jaskier and you being stuck in a snowstorm and him having to warm you up

TW: allusions to sex, cursing, hypothermia,

Cold was not the word he would use to describe the environment right now. No, the word didn't even begin to cover it. Freezing wouldn't either. Both those words were too... short, simple, and in no possible way conveyed just how low the temperature around him and his companion was. Freezing cold? Maybe, but as Jaskier painfully trudged through the snow with Y/n at his side, both of them shivering to the core, he knew that no words in the Common Tongue could describe the tight, bitter feeling that kept snapping at his cheeks, reaching down to his very bones.

They had lost Geralt in the rush of the snowstorm, the witcher having been cut off from their trail by the falling of snow from a steep cliff. Jaskier and Y/n were left alone, trying to keep themselves on the trail as best they could as they forced their eyes to stay open in search of the road. They knew where they were going, but without being able to see the sun, finding east and west was near impossible. They had no way of reaching Geralt, for he had to cut back and go around the large pile of snow that blocked his way to Ard Carraigh. He had Roach with them, so all of Y/n's belongings were gone, along with her extra, dry, cloak.

Now, Jaskier had to watch as she shivered through the thin material of her worn down, old, and patchy cloak that she hugged around her body. Her skin was wet and freezing from the snowflakes hammering onto her skin, and her eyelashes were covered in snow and ice. Her lips were turning blue, and she was struggling to keep her eyes open and on the road. He knew she was far worse off than she was, for he had his comfortable and closed doublet around his body. She had no such outer wear, instead only a thin soaked chemise and a leather jerkin she stole from a bandit.

Jaskier looked as best he could through the white blur of the snowstorm, trying to find any place to stop and wait out the weather before meeting back up with Geralt. His teeth were chattering roughly, and he could hear her own teeth through the wind of the storm. He hurried to her side, taking her by the arm as she struggled to walk through the snow, and helped them both up the trail. "I think I see a cave up ahead!" Jaskier shouted through the heavy winds, and she lifted her head slightly to see the opening in the rock face. With the way the wind was blowing, they would be out of the snow easy if they took shelter in there. "We need to wait it out and find Geralt when the blizzard ebbs!"

All she could do was nod her head, her tongue too heavy to speak real words. Jaskier saw her condition was worsening, and quickly moved the both of them as fast as he could to the opening of the cave, hoping there wasn't some manner of troll or beast inside. Luckily, it was a small cave, and he could see the end, so he quickly stepped as far as he could to the furthest side of the cave, away from the chilly opening. He set Y/n down, both of them shivering uncontrollably, but only she had a blue tint to her lips and her breathing was slow and shallow. Her eyes began to droop, so he quickly shook her awake. "'skier, m'wake," she managed to get out, but her lips felt so heavy, and she could just go to sleep if she wanted.