Part VIII

Night soon came, the wind blowing the trees. Pinecones shook and fell to the ground, and I struggled to hold onto my jacket. My hair was a mess, and I frantically tried to braid it, yet it was no use and utterly messy. Punz came riding into the woods on a magnificent white stallion, his newest pet most likely.

He had a smirk plastered on his face, and I knew his game. This was a tough position he had put me in, and was still foe after all. Sure he'd let me escape, he knew what was right and wrong... yet it seemed he purely had a vengeance for me.

"H-hello," I stuttered, my teeth were chattering. He simply rolled his eyes, and got off the creature. It whinnied and neighed in complaint from the cold, but with one stern look the horse became quiet. Punz leaned up against a tree, his own coat enough to shelter him from the temperature.

"Nice to see you Y/n, I thought you had enough of a brain to leave," He rolled his eyes, "But once again you've proved me wrong." Punz started fiddling with the golden chain on his neck, and then said, "I know exactly what you're up to. Talking to Foolish and all that," I raised an eyebrow, trying hard for my expression not to seem surprised. Punz sighed and continued, "Don't think we didn't follow you. We have power over you Y/n," He began to take off his chain, "We could kill you even without the books. They simply just do the heavy-lifting for us." He threw the necklace to me and I quickly caught it, earning another smirk from him. Punz stopped leaning from the tree and got onto his horse, about to ride off before saying, "Keep as a token of reminder. Stay away from here Y/n, or Dream will find you."

I stared at him as his horse galloped away, leaving me to admire the shiny object and get onto Carl Jr. I was eager to leave, yet also saddened that the visit had been cut so short. Perhaps in another life we'd be friends, perhaps it would be this one. One could only dream of such things.

The two deserved to be locked up and thrown away, Staged Duo put away for good. Something about that hurt my heart a little bit, he'd been kind enough to spare me. I wanted nothing to do with either of them, and if Dream didn't come after me for my proclaimed "powers," I'd leave them alone too.

On the way back to Foolish's home, I couldn't stop thinking about the trinket in my pocket, and the smile of Punz. I wasn't notorious for falling in love, I simply wasn't that type of girl. Even if this was some sort of silly crush, surely I'd get over it. He was the enemy, somebody not to be messed with. A singular kind gesture wouldn't be enough to change my mind. Certainly not.

---------------------------

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter! I won't be posting tomorrow because I'll be hanging out with a friend. This chapter was only 501 words, because again I'm working on my novel. I might share a tiny bit of it with you if you want, but its not really the same vibes as this lol. Also I'm giving up on the idea of it- its not very good.